My cat is pregnant and due very soon!!

onebusymom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi
I am new here - and a very big fan of these forums!!
I am here today because my cat is pregnant and due any day The doctor told me she was going to have 4 and he said it was going to be last week but - nothin!!
So now i am just wondering - do all pregnant cats lose interest in food right before they have their kittens (cause my cat just eats like a horse). And her nipples are swollen and it is very noticeable that her milk is starting to come in!! And she loves to sleep in my bath tub!!
I guess i really just want to mak sure she isnt over due!! She is still playfull and affectionate (well to me at least).
I called the vet and he wasnt concerned he said to call him next week if nothing has happened.
Also the mae was a real big boy too and she is lil - I guesss I am just a worried kitty mommy!!!

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She sounds like it might be this week... She has milk in her titts and she is eating which is good... She will lose interst maybe not all do some eat and eat to store it up just to not eat for a few days after the birth... I am thinking any day now

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
baby watchers patrol on alert

I am sure all will go fine - and if you need any help there are some experienced members here that will give you a helping hand

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

onebusymom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
ok someone has to explain to me ow to get a photo on here - i have a couple but can figure it out

onebusymom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

This is her last monday - she is twice that size now

keisha

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
shes really pretty!! does she have like spots onher?
is she a barn cat or specific breed? was this a planned litter?
anyway congratz. i bet you are excited. and i hope she has her babies soon.!!!

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
wow, she is a beautiful kitty - her face looks very expressive

how's she doing today - its only coming up to 10am here, so I suppose you are all sleeping
maybe we have had some babies in the night

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
just caught this thread , hope everything goes well..
and i wouldnt worry to much everything should go fine , but if your worried at any point keep a vets number handy just in case.
and she is such a lovely kitty.

onebusymom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well - I am still NOT a grandmother
- I will try to send you a recent pic of her now - she is sooooo much bigger then that pic
- I just wanted you to see her!! Well anyways - she woke up with one heck of an appetite today and I swear her belly a lil bigger
. Her babies move
SO much is it funny. She seems to have removed some of the hair around her nipples. Though she would not let me check to see if I could express some milk (she has her boundaries I guess
) Well lets see - Oh ya - she is not a pure bred - her mother (like her) got pregnant unexpectedly - she has 2 brother both tiger (one orange and one gray) Her coat is very different!! She must look like her dad!! As far as the unexpected pregnancy - my hubby and I were waiting for the tax return to come in to get her fix and well she beat us to it
- Shame on me I know. Especially considering I am the biggest nag on getting animals fixed!!! We have GREAT families for her kitties (if all turns out well) they are all relatives so we can keep ties with her babies and I already have the vet aware that after her kittens are weaned she is coming in for the ol' snip snip.
I love that darn cat so much - this easter will be one year that I have had her. But it feels longer. Well I think I have told you all everything I can think of!!! As you all get to know me you will realize I can talk up a storm!!!
Talk to ya later!!

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by onebusymom

Well - I am still NOT a grandmother
- I will try to send you a recent pic of her now - she is sooooo much bigger then that pic
- I just wanted you to see her!! Well anyways - she woke up with one heck of an appetite today and I swear her belly a lil bigger
. Her babies move
SO much is it funny. She seems to have removed some of the hair around her nipples. Though she would not let me check to see if I could express some milk (she has her boundaries I guess
) Well lets see - Oh ya - she is not a pure bred - her mother (like her) got pregnant unexpectedly - she has 2 brother both tiger (one orange and one gray) Her coat is very different!! She must look like her dad!! As far as the unexpected pregnancy - my hubby and I were waiting for the tax return to come in to get her fix and well she beat us to it
- Shame on me I know. Especially considering I am the biggest nag on getting animals fixed!!! We have GREAT families for her kitties (if all turns out well) they are all relatives so we can keep ties with her babies and I already have the vet aware that after her kittens are weaned she is coming in for the ol' snip snip.
I love that darn cat so much - this easter will be one year that I have had her. But it feels longer. Well I think I have told you all everything I can think of!!! As you all get to know me you will realize I can talk up a storm!!!
Talk to ya later!!
Does sound close and yes she will remove the fur around the nips like that could be days or weeks. She ate good that is a good sign things are going good. She will need the energy for labor.

onebusymom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
HAHAHA - I will be ok if the hair removing ment it will happen within days - I will go insane
if it means weeks - HAHAHA
!!!! I have been sleeping the couch with her at night because it use to be all 3 - my 2dogs and Sadie - use to all sleep in the bed with my husband and I together - but since she has gotten bigger she wont sleep with the dogs anymore. My big dog Nikki is a gentle lady but big enough to make Sadie nervous I guess, and well Jack my lil guy always wants to play with her (like they used too)!! So Sadie and I have been on the couch for about 3 days now. and she loves it and her purring is sooo comforting I love it too!!! Yes she - like all my animals - is very spoiled!!

Right now she is lying my sons bed right behind me - and her belly is just going nuts!!! They are sooo active in there - man i had twins so I know what is like to have lots of movement but wow I feel for her!!!
Well I guess I will go now - but i will keep everyone up to date - I promise!
Bye

onebusymom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Good Morning Everyone!!
I just wanted you all to know I posted some new pics of Sadie - on the thread called - "Recent pic of Sadie" - I took those pics yesterday..
Momma is doing very well and is still removing lots move hair. I know it may be wishful thinking but I think it is gonna be this weekend!!!!
Say a lil prayer for my lil girl safe delivery
Lynn