Black Spots In Cat Urine

lemasa82

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone! I have a small concern, although it may not be that bad...

One of my cats recently peed on my daughter's jacket, no big deal, I washed it and it's good. The problem is that when I looked at the pee I could see little black specks in it. Is this normal? I have just never seen cat pee up that close and not in a litter box. (Except for the time he peed on my bed, but I quickly tore off the bedding and washed it without looking closely at it)

Thanks a bunch!

Leah

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lemasa82

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm definitely sure. I thought it was odd so I checked the rest of the jacket and there weren't any more outside of the pee spot. The spot was about 3" x 2" and there were probably about 50 of the specks.. almost looking like pepper, maybe a teensy bit smaller than ground pepper.

cloud_shade

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would suggest having a urinalysis done. It is possible the specks could be tiny crystals or dried blood droplets. Plus, since your cat peed outside the litterbox it can be a sign of pain or distress when urinating. Good luck!

2furbabies

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes.. have urinalysis done and that should tell you more. Like the other poster said it could be little drops of blood.

ktlynn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cloud_shade

I would suggest having a urinalysis done. It is possible the specks could be tiny crystals or dried blood droplets. Plus, since your cat peed outside the litterbox it can be a sign of pain or distress when urinating. Good luck!
I don't know what those specks are, but they shouldn't be there - urine should be clear. Definitely time for a vet check.

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cloud_shade

I totally agree.