Cat Hair Yarn

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know there have been a couple of threads talking about making sweaters and whatnot out of soun cat hair, but a friend just forwarded me a link to a woman who will make the yarn for you if you send her your pet's hair. I thought if anyone would be interested it would be you guys. Neat huh?

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=584156

Anyone that decides to do it has to let me know how it turns out!

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I often tell Tobie I'm going to make socks out of his fur. Tobie socks!! If I ever get enough hair saved, I might actually take advantage of her services.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by emily_325

I know there have been a couple of threads talking about making sweaters and whatnot out of soun cat hair, but a friend just forwarded me a link to a woman who will make the yarn for you if you send her your pet's hair. I thought if anyone would be interested it would be you guys. Neat huh?

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=584156

Anyone that decides to do it has to let me know how it turns out!
I was the one that brought up making a coat for my wife out of my Himalayan's fur and I have begun saving his fur. I have added your provided link (thank you) to my favorites. She only talks about dogs but I am sure she will do cats. I feel vindicated that there is indeed a market for this and that I am not quite so weird as people thought.

mimosa

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Last time I saw a post about cat hair sweaters I merely thought it was funny and kinda cool. Now I've stumbled on someone close to me spinning cat hair.

I want a fab-four-hair shawl now

sadie's mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I still think the whole notion of cat hair sweaters is a little "Official Cat Lady" creepy....

But, this is bloody hillarious. Tobie socks

Originally Posted by Godiva

I often tell Tobie I'm going to make socks out of his fur. Tobie socks!! If I ever get enough hair saved, I might actually take advantage of her services.