Can I get some vibes? (Nervous!)

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hey guys, this shouldn't be a big deal, but I'm really nervous about a press conference I have to go to this afternoon, so you could possibly spare some vibes?

I'm mostly nervous because this means acting like a "real" reporter, being aggressive and actually asking intelligent questions in front of a bunch of other local media types. This is the part of my job I hate the most, because I'm basically a pretty shy person. I do fine interviewing people one-on-one, but I hate this kind of thing.

Thanks everybody.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You'll do great!! lots of aggressive and intelligent question vibes coming your way!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awww, thanks guys.
I really shouldn't be this nervous. Two hours and counting, not that I'm watching the clock or anything.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You'll do great!

And if it makes you feel any better, judging from the press conferences I've seen (both national and local), you apparently don't have to be intelligent at these things.
So I know you've got a leg up on 3/4 of the reporters!

ryn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Good vibes coming that way.

Funny, as a fellow reporter I've always thought press conferences are a lot easier than real interviews. You don't have to actually be prepared or have anything intelligent to ask. You can always settle for what they're telling you themselves or what other reporters ask.

Just follow what's going on and ask a question only if one pops in to mind. Relax.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ryn

Good vibes coming that way.

Funny, as a fellow reporter I've always thought press conferences are a lot easier than real interviews. You don't have to actually be prepared or have anything intelligent to ask. You can always settle for what they're telling you themselves or what other reporters ask.

Just follow what's going on and ask a question only if one pops in to mind. Relax.
Thanks.
It is nice not having to be prepared like I would for a regular interview. Guess I'm feeling more pressured than usual to ask intelligent questions because the press conference is being held in the building where I work and there's going to be a lot people (non media types) there I know, just observing.

Honestly, I'm really hoping another reporter asks what I need to, so I don't have to speak up. I'm no good at this!

claire1973

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I always get nervous

Someone once told me a trick to overcome it, and I will be honest it did work!

You have to look at the person ie who you are asking questions and imagine them naked or on the toilet!!!!!!! hee hee I promise you it will calm your nerves!

Good Luck