Names you wished you'd called your cats...

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was just thinking today after seeing another thread here that Seamus is just a great name for a cat!

Sometimes I think of great names and think to myself, now, perhaps I need another cat for this one!

Sunday was always going to be Sunday - it just suits her so well. But Cairo was going to be Delilah and my then husband wouldn't let me call her that. I love Cairo a lot as a name though - it suits her. But I think Delilah would have suited her more...

Sashka started out as Scratchy because I'd had her three weeks and had NO names coming to mind at all. I went through dozens and ended up calling her that because she just had the most razor-sharp little claws that she used on everything (she was my introduction to TCS, incidentally, crazy kitten that she was!).

But Scratchy wasn't a nice name so I changed it to Saskia and then Sashka, which means to spring, or jump, in Russian. Being a Russian Blue and being able to leap tall buildings in a single bound, it seemed appropriate. But it never really `clicked' for me, either.

Ruby was Ruby from the second we got her, but I wanted to call Chester `Dougall'. I'm glad we decided on Chester though.

Have you ever changed your cat's name? Or wanted to call it something else? Or have you got names picked out for your future kitties?

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When i first brought Rosie home i had already picked her name, but then my ex bf was into Lara Croft Tomb raider games so asked if we could call her Lara instead?.

When hell freezes over!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lara?? I think not. Rosie is perfect for her!

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, for one thing, her boobs aren't quite up to scratch!

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I'd rather be friends with Rosie any day! Lara could do with a bit of fumf, don't you think?

silentnate

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by emrldsky

DH told me last night that I could get two more kitties under one condition: I rename our two Fee and Fi, and the new ones Fo and Fum. *sigh*

I wanted to call Sonic 'Galloway' after my favourite radio talkshow host but Epona said no

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was deciding on a name for Lola, I really was leaning toward Daphne. I'm glad that I decided on Lola, because it really seems to fit her. Some day, I might have a Daphne though.

For some reason, I always end up with girl kitties. I'd love to have a Kirby or a Duncan...but the kitty would have to fit the name. I'm not sure what kind of kitty would be a Kirby or Duncan!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by emrldsky

DH told me last night that I could get two more kitties under one condition: I rename our two Fee and Fi, and the new ones Fo and Fum. *sigh*
Oh that's funny though. Imagine when they go for their yearly checks at the vets and they call their names out in a full waiting room

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
well, I name on a theme, Greek mythology right now, so I usually just pick one i like without meeting the cat prior
Antigone worked out really well because she's a Tiger and I call her Tig for short, Pandora worked really well too because she's black and white like a panda bear
Hades is all black, but he's a total sweetheart
I don't usually call my cats by their given names anyway
I am the queen of nicknames!

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I kind of have a theme too, Italian names, my cats will always have Italian names, and I had Lucia's name picked out before I met her and it fits her perfect. I had a list as a kid, I wanted 10 children
and they were all going to be have Italian names of course, so now my cats have to have Italian names too. I really want a Luigi or a Vinny someday

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Oh that's funny though. Imagine when they go for their yearly checks at the vets and they call their names out in a full waiting room
SHHHH! Don't tell DH, otherwise he'll really push for it.

I never really thought about other names for our kitties. The names they have seem to suit them well. We've been lucky so far.

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I ended up naming my kitten Nollee (Nole-Lee) it was most certain going to be Lola (I was set on it but changed my mind)! Before I did I was thinking of using names such as: Isis (Egyptian Goddess), Nollie (Noll-Lee... Pac Sun Brand Name), Roxy, Cali (too common), Bast (Egyptian Goddess), Hurley (Pac Sun Brand), Lilu (Pac Sun brand), Nolita (Graham Webb Hair Product), Lola, Lolita, and so on! For some reason Nollee stuck! I didn't get a choice in naming my tabby (he's my bf's cat and he got him way before we got together)! LOL can you tell I like Pac Sun?

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KitEKats4Eva!

Have you ever changed your cat's name?
One of my sisters boys is Casper, for 6 years he never came when called and wasn't really friendly overall.

I met him 3 months ago, changed his name to Boris Marmalade. Now he comes when called, kneads and purrs and is very friendly.

My sister can't believe it, all since I changed his name

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We've fostered quite a few kittens for the shelter, and we gave one of them the name Boomerang, which I liked -- but because he had one white paw, I started calling him Gordon Whitefoot. I loved that! And I loved him, too, and wanted so much to keep him...

claire1973

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

When i first brought Rosie home i had already picked her name, but then my ex bf was into Lara Croft Tomb raider games so asked if we could call her Lara instead?.

When hell freezes over!!
Men eh???????

What is it wiv em, well personaly Im on Team Aniston so you are right, let hell freeze over before we go calling our cats after her!

I called my cat Humphrey, hubby hates it but you know I like the name even more cos he hates it!! hee hee

sadie's mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Sadie was originally going to be named Roxy or Lola, but DH kyboshed those names.