Whitening Shampoos

vrgchs

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am looking for a good whitening shampoo. I have a blue pt himmy that has some staining on his paws (and now the yellow tint to his fur) Any suggestions on getting those stains out and turing his fur white again???

Valerie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

vrgchs

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you both of you!! I didn't know you could use Eyeenvy on the paws for stains. Normally for stains or just cleaning eyes, I use Renew contact solution for sensative eyes.

Well off to the store I go . . .I need to find one of those 2 shampoos.

Thanks again!

Valerie

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ScamperFarms

for the stains, i would get eye envy, you can use it on paws too. www.eyeenvy.com
Ditto! Eye Envy is awesome.

I'd stay away from commercial human shampoos though. Many are alright but sometimes ingredients that are ok for us are deadly to a cat. I tend to stay on the side of caution though, when it comes to shampoo.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Only reason I use Nexxus is that another rex breeder who happens to be a hairdresser too, recommeded me to wash Spooky in it. I did it his entire life - its a safe shampoo.

But agree that not every human shampoo is good for cats. I would not recommend something that I wouldn't use on my own cats.

vrgchs

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
right now for a basic bath on my solids, I use Johnson & Johnson Baby shampoo and it works great. I agree that not all human shampoos are safe for cats...but with a referal from someone, I would hope they would not recommend, if it was not safe and something they were not using.

I was using Jerob, but I was not completely happy with it. (at least not the one for whites) They do have great texurizer spray and conditioner though.

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mzjazz2u

Ditto! Eye Envy is awesome.

I'd stay away from commercial human shampoos though. Many are alright but sometimes ingredients that are ok for us are deadly to a cat. I tend to stay on the side of caution though, when it comes to shampoo.
yup eye envy is the bestest!

with the shampoo i got i did a comparison on the nexxus since that was reccomended. and the ingreidents are pretty much the same.

vrgchs

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I ordered some eye envy . . . can't wait to receive and try it . .