Meet Vincent (formerly Jasper)!

berylayn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's not ours yet however he may be tomorrow!
I have been in touch with the rescue where we got Lilly 2 years ago (
) and one of the really nice foster moms is currently fostering this little guy.

I had originally emailed her because I heard she was fostering 6 week old kittens but as we got to talking she got me interested in this 1 year old guy instead. His current name is Stryker but I honestly despise that name. So if he becomes ours we'll be changing the name to Jasper.

We go to visit her, the kittens, and Stryker (Jasper) tomorrow. The kittens obviously won't be ready to go home for 2 weeks, but if we fall in love with Jasper tomorrow we can bring him home tomorrow too as our adoption application has already been processed through the organization.

Here is his description from the rescue website (he actually sounds a lot like Ebony: I'm a talker, and I love to play with toys and with kitties, and love to have my back scratched. I'm shy with new people, but I adjust pretty quickly and then my purr-motor starts and you see my purrsonality emerge..

I am hoping for love at first sight. Keep your fingers crossed and I'll post an update tomorrow night!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

berylayn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got more pictures tonight from the foster mom so I could get a better look at him before we go visit tomorrow! He looks like a cutie:

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He looks like a real character, and his tabby markings are gorgeous! Hope the visit goes well and that you like each other. Jasper is a great name, my Senegal parrot is called Jasper and he has loads of character and is a bundle of love

berylayn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well we just came back from visiting the little guy and he seems like such a sweetheart!!
If we wanted to we could've brought him home tonight (I wanted to). My husband on the other hand is not quite as spontaneous as I am and wants to 'think it over' Hopefully by Friday he will be with us. Keep you fingers crossed that hubby loves him as much as I do already.

berylayn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's coming home tonight!!! After a small spat (I can explain that later - I am at work at the moment) we have decided to bring home this little lovebug.
Brendan has expressed that he does not like the name Jasper - any name suggestions from all you TCSers??

asecretk

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well darn. I just came in to say that, one he looks a lot like my cat Bob and two I have a cat named Jasper as well only she is a girl.

Hmm names, I dunno...

Jack
Joey
Capone
Archie
Argos
Mickey
Muggzie

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Congratulations! He's such a handsome fellow!

Names that popped into my mind while looking at him were:

Zebra (or some name of a zebra from a cartoon, I just can't think of any!)
Jackson
Jesse

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Awww! I`m so glad you`ve found your new baby!

His markings are beautiful! Cant wait to see more of the little guy.
I like the name Jasper