Well, had my screening appt today

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The shrink feels I qualify, waiting on lab results to know for sure.

This study is only 8 weeks, but, I get 12 months free treatment after completion.

I was tested for Fibromyalgia (neg) since I do suffer chronic pain, and my blood panel did include thyroid levels.
I, of course, will not know the results of those tests while in the study, unless there is something that requires seperate treatment.

I had to fast for 12 hours so they could get accurate baselines on me and now I have a pounding headache from caffeine deprivation.

All I can do now is hope this will be effective.
At least I get the benefit of counseling while doing this.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It used to be refered to as Chronic Pain Syndrome because a lot of Doctors until recently, could find no reason for it.

It has a lot of symptoms though beyond the aches and pains.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Arlyn

It used to be refered to as Chronic Pain Syndrome because a lot of Doctors until recently, could find no reason for it.

It has a lot of symptoms though beyond the aches and pains.
I have lots of aches and pains........just wondering...........

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, me too, the MD today though chalked it up has my having a bad back.
Getting whiplash in 96 certainly didn't help much either.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a friend who had very bad Fybromyalgia. She basically had to take a year off from doing anything, totally revamp her diet, and is still careful about how she does physical stuff. At least doctors have heard of it these days, though not all of them take it seriously.
Good luck with the trial Arlyn.

pekoe & nigel

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh good luck!! I really hope it goes well for you. At the very least, 12 months of free treatment isn't a bad thing!

Please let us know how everything is going.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you all

Like I said at least I get counselling during the trial and free treatment afterwards.
Being a guinea pig isn't so bad, someone will hopefully get full benefit from it once these drugs get FDA approval.

I also voluntarily give extra blood for annonymous genetic testing so hopefully one day specific genes can be identified that cause various illnesses.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I I really hope that this trial goes well for you and that you find a good treatment out of it!

In response to some of the other posts - I wonder about fibromyalgia myself - I already know I have hypermobility syndrome same as my mum and my mum's mum, it's a genetic (mostly down the female line) ligament disorder leading to early onset osteo-arthritis due to ligaments not holding your joints in place properly (I have dislocated my wrist reaching into my pocket many times!) and often goes hand in hand with fibromyalgia so it wouldn't be much of a surprise if I did have that also - I get a lot of muscular pain and I have many points in my body that are very painful (ie horrendous pain and feeling faint) under slight pressure, I suffer from fatigue and can sleep 16 hours without feeling refreshed. It's one of those things that I don't feel I can pester my doctor about though - while having the National Health Service is a great thing in terms of free treatment for all, I have been brought up wary of overusing the free service we all have available unless it is an urgent issue.