Got my direct tv

gailuvscats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It seems ok, but I can't work my webtv or my VCR with it yet. I am bummed out about webtv, because I could just schedule a future recording of a show, and I can watch one show while recording another. I attached them but it is not going to work. I am really bummed. I will learn new ways to do stuff, I guess, but it is a pain.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You'll figure it all out soon! Have fun with your new direct tv stations!!!!!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My parents have DirectTV and don't have any big complaints with it. Have fun memorizing all your fav. channels again!!

sprocket

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
DirecTV has great customer service. Consider calling them to get your webtv working with it.

Did you get a DirecTV DVR? If so, to be able to watch one channel and record another, from my understanding you must have run more than one cable from the dish to the receiver box. We have two DVR's side by side, and two cables running to each DVR. We can actually record three different channels (2 on each DVR) and watch a fourth, all at the same time.

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi

Do not fret; you will love it. They promise to have over 100 HD channels by the end of the year.
I was just reading about this yesterday. Directv will have a capacity of 150 HD channels but they probably won't have many more than 50 channels if that for quite a while.

Ok what I read is 150 capacity nationally with the most being around 50 for sometime. And 1500 capacity locally.