Just need some hugs my way

afraser1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hubby just told me today that he is leaving me.
He has been thinking about it for the last 2 days and decided that he cant live with me anymore.

But he wants us to be friends as we have to live together until i find a new place to live with the kids.

I will hopefully be moving back to Scotland before June so I can get the kids in school at the start of term.

Feeling really crap just now and hurt

just thought i would vent out here as you seem to be great listeners

thanks for letting me bend an ear (sort of)

angela

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry Angela. Is there any way you two can work it out? Counseling maybe?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

afraser1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Oh crikey!, i'm so sorry
He's just thought this over the last 2 days though?
Has there been any problems that you can think of?
we've not been great for a while but we were trying to work through it for the kids sake but now hes just had enough so he said. he did this last year and i went home for 6 months then he changed his mind and i came back but im not going to do it this time if i move thats it im not changing kids schools again and again.

thanks for the hugs folks

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, I am sorry to hear that
How much thought can you really put into a decision of that magnitude in 2 days?! Sounds like he was planning this a lot longer.

Many, many hugs to you.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by afraser1

he did this last year and i went home for 6 months then he changed his mind and i came back but im not going to do it this time if i move thats it im not changing kids schools again and again.
It's not just that, it's confusing for you and the kids by keep going back and forth and wondering if it'll happen again a few months down the line

You'll survive this don't worry

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am soo sorry to hear this. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers
We are all here if you need us!!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry!
I wouldn't want to be bouncing the kids back & forth, either. I hope that this can end well for all of you!

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Angela,

I am so sorry to hear this. Its a shame that things can't be worked out, but you have to do what is best for YOU.

Hugs

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Angela, I'm very sorry to hear this.............lots of hugs coming your way..........

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry to hear this. A breakup is never easy, especially when there are kids involved.

However, when one door closes, another opens.

You said that things have been bad for awhile now and last year you guys split for a period of time.

It's never a good idea to stay with someone for the sake of the kids. Kids aren't stupid and you can't hide things from them. They pick up on tension and behaviour changes, and all that will come of it is that they will learn that it's ok to stay in a bad relationship out of obligation.

You have to think of yourself first, and your happiness. When you are happy, then those around you will be too.

Why is it that you are the one moving out of the house when he is the one who wants the divorce? You have the kids so it would probably be easier for him to be the one to move out instead of you uprooting the kids.