My cat must hate me....pee on my bed?

ladycat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I was right there...right there...she walked in front of me...squatted and pissed on the bed
my mattress sucks and she ruined my mattress cover. WHY GOD WHY?

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no!! Well, it has nothing to do with hate...perhaps a trip to the vet is in order because that isn't normal

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Usually when they do it right in front of you there's a medical or other issue. My Elsa will do it when she thinks I'm not cleaning the litter boxes enough. ESPECIALLY when they look you right in the eye and do it - I would get her to the vet, she might have a bladder problem.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, that says to me: "Mom, I need to go to the vet," not: "Mom I hate you, see?"

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ladycat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
yeh over the past few minutes it has become quite clear...she is now dripping in spots and keeps licking herself. I just figured cuz it was her of all of them it might be an I hate you, mom! She still has some issues with adjusting, she's been with us 4 months now. I guess time to call the vet and a cab..., they all seem to know when I am getting money coming in...like they know it ok for them to get sick then.

themanxcatlady

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I had a female calico that I loved so dearly and she was a great cat! BUT... after a couple of years she suddenly started pooping and peeing on everything I own! If I left a shirt or coat anything of mine on the floor or couch she would crap on it! She peed on the floor in any corner and I changed the cat boxes and kept putting her in it but it still did not help. After months of her crapping on my couch and ruining alot of my clothes I had to find her another home. I could not take it anymore... I felt bad and cryed to let her go but I didnt know what else to do. :-(

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ladycat

yeh over the past few minutes it has become quite clear...she is now dripping in spots and keeps licking herself. I just figured cuz it was her of all of them it might be an I hate you, mom! She still has some issues with adjusting, she's been with us 4 months now. I guess time to call the vet and a cab..., they all seem to know when I am getting money coming in...like they know it ok for them to get sick then.
Poor girl, it does sound as if she's having problems weeing, must be painfull poor lass! Good luck with the vet visit, hopefully a course of antibiotics and she'll be right as rain.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If this has been going on for months, you really need to get her to the vet ASAP. Cats can't tell us they're sick - they can only show us.

Laurie

ladycat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
no no is hasn't been going on for months. this just started today, I already brought her to the vet. they gave me antibiotics and did some blood work, and some weird little black things I get to catch her pee in!!! I feel so bad for feeling mad at her at first till I realized she was dripping & kept licking herself. the vet did think if it wasn't that and didn't clear up it may be behavioral. Hopefully she will be just fine though.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Let us know what they find out. Good luck getting samples. Feel better soon little kitty!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry - I read your post wrong.
You wrote minutes - I read it as months. I was feeling so sorry for your poor kitty!

You have to catch her pee? Good luck! I hope the antibiotics do the trick!

If she does continue to have a problem, PLEASE search this forum - and start with the thread at the top of the forum called Inappropriate Peeing Problems answered.

Laurie

ladycat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

I'm so sorry - I read your post wrong.
You wrote minutes - I read it as months. I was feeling so sorry for your poor kitty!

You have to catch her pee? Good luck! I hope the antibiotics do the trick!

If she does continue to have a problem, PLEASE search this forum - and start with the thread at the top of the forum called Inappropriate Peeing Problems answered.

Laurie
yes I understand why you would be feeling bad , defenitly not months....i'd be feeling pretty bad too for any kitty having a bladder prob for that long! As would my cat!
Yeh she is in hide out mode right now. On top of it last time she had been in her carrier she was being bounced around from home to home so she might have been worried about that too.
Also I am very happy to note...she lost 3 lbs since we got her. She was 17lbs and had been free fed before so now she just has 2 smallish meals. and is 14 lbs! Sorry I just want to share that!

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor girl was trying to get your attention. I hope the meds work and she's feeling better soon. Don't you just wish they'd learn a less stinky form of communication?

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by JellyBella

Poor girl was trying to get your attention. I hope the meds work and she's feeling better soon. Don't you just wish they'd learn a less stinky form of communication?
could've been worse - Pixel actually attemped to pee on my head when she had her bladder infection!
good luck!

ladycat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

could've been worse - Pixel actually attemped to pee on my head when she had her bladder infection!
good luck!
I'm sorry...that's one of those things not funny if it happen to you type deals. glad your kitty is ok now!
well she got my attention...got her to the vet so fast I wasn't even dreesed when the cab came!!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm glad you got her to the vet.
Hopefully, with a urine sample you can determine what type of problem she has & solve it!

ladycat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
her blood work came out normal. However this morning...she was peeing blood but the vet said she may have crystals so that would be y and if it goes on for more then a couple of days then x-rays & diet change comes into play. My poor Nuit girl, she's been though so much.

ladycat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Actually the vet just called and will be going on the prescription diet sooner then later it looks like.