Strange Squee

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For as long as we've had Squee, she's been an... oddball. She likes to chirp at the ceiling while looking at it. She climbs on top of our cupboards to touch the ceiling and 'bite' at it, while knocking down model cars and framed school pictures. She doesn't eat food like a 'normal' cat, but rather uses her paw as a scoop and puts the food on the ground to eat it. Anyone have input, or is my girl just funny?

green bunny

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Aw, he sounds cute! And nuts!
My kitties don't really do anything that strange, but my sister's dog has a habit of eating exactly half the food in her bowl, which is not strange in itself, but for the fact that it's in the shape of a half-circle, leaving the other half perfectly standing. We have no idea how she does it.

Tricia

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Haha that's funny and cute. She sounds like an oddball for sure but it sounds like that's just her unique personality

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you live in an old house? I don't want to freak you out but she is probably hearing mice or insects in the ceiling, and wants to get at them! Mine do this all the time; sometimes I have four or five of them running along one wall or all trying to get on the top shelf because they know there is something there. They will sit and stare at the wooden beam for ages. Once a bird actually came into the kitchen through a crack, after Ellie had been stalking it along the wall. Sadly, she got to it before I could rescue it.

larke

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jenny, lots of cats use their paws to eat, and some to drink (they just lick water off their paws). Yucky, but not rare at all!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jennyranson

Do you live in an old house? I don't want to freak you out but she is probably hearing mice or insects in the ceiling, and wants to get at them! Mine do this all the time; sometimes I have four or five of them running along one wall or all trying to get on the top shelf because they know there is something there. They will sit and stare at the wooden beam for ages. Once a bird actually came into the kitchen through a crack, after Ellie had been stalking it along the wall. Sadly, she got to it before I could rescue it.
Not really, it was built in 1971. Once we had a field mouse in our house (our house is by a lot of fields), so maybe she could be hearing something. Or she's just weird.

cessena

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
YAY Squee!! I want to name our future dog Zim, but i don't think the boyfriend is going to let me.

pekoe & nigel

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I love the photo of Squee in your signature.
She looks like she's trying to avoid the camera...