Looooooser!

marie-p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the
I'm keeping an eye on the election result in Quebec and I was looking at other ridings, just to be curious.

Well, I found that one riding where they have the result for 212 of the 227 polls... and there's one candidate who has exactly 0 votes so far!

I'll keep checking that one to find out if the guy even bothered to vote for himself. But I can just imagine if he ends up with just one vote... then he'll know that none of his friends and family voted for him.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

marie-p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

There is an election? For what? I haven't been watching the news and I don't get the newspaper.
It was the Quebec provincial election.

Liberals won, ADQ (right-wing party) is now the official opposition and the Parti Quebecois came third.
First minority government in Quebec in over 100 years.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I ran for 5th grade class treasurer, my mom told me it was in "bad form" to vote for yourself (I swear, those were her exact words!). Don't ask me why, it is etiquette or something. But, I lost (but by more than 1 vote). Maybe he was brought up the same way. Didn't make sense then, and doesn't make sense now

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by marie-p

It was the Quebec provincial election.

Liberals won, ADQ (right-wing party) is now the official opposition and the Parti Quebecois came third.
First minority government in Quebec in over 100 years.
That's pretty wild eh??

Go Liberals!!! I cannot stand the conservative party right now!!!! I'm praying to God that we keep ending up with minority governments because they have to remain pretty accountable. Stephan Harper can't do anything he really wants to or he'd lose support.

I'm actually a supporter of minority government.

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG - that's hilarious! The guy forgot to vote for himself - or maybe he voted for the best candidate!
Very interesting election results. I think Jean Charest will have his work cut out for him with the minority government.