I hate being a newbie!!

ginamarina

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Greetings!

My name is Gina, 37, I'm from Wisconsin. I lost my soul-mate, Cilla, 13 months from 3/16. I belong to a wonderful pet loss group called The Lighthouse, which is a wonderful place. I just needed to find another place where people aren't grieving as much.

I have a golden classic tabby, Buddy, who will be 11 on April 12, and Mia, a dilute tortie, who will be 1 on 6/21. I lost my soulmate Priscilla on 2/16/06, she was 13.

I found out my vet was incompetent in taking good care of my little family (it's just us) but I was too late. I was there on a routine checkup for Bud and Cill, they took Cilli in the back to draw some blood and I never again saw her alive. She was healthy, they told my mother and I different accounts of what happened. They transferred calls from the shelter to the point that the shelter told me they sounded "sheepish" - I assured them that I was never going back there again, I had found a new vet. I still haven't recovered from losing my girl, but will try to not get into it here. I'll keep it at my pet loss forum.

Anyway, I began taking things into my own hands after demanding the charts of my two babies. A fool could have read these charts from year to year and realized that there were questions to be answered. Never once did he suggest looking into Buddy's vomiting or heavy breathing. He never mentioned putting Cilla on a prescribed diet, even though one year she gained 2 pounds. I had never seen these charts before. He never made any recommendations.

I've since learned a lot about cat food, and I so wish I had a second chance to make things right for Cilla. I also learned that one should choose their veterinarian more wisely. Mia came from a shelter to me in September, and I wasn't really very keen on the idea. My family pushed me to look for a kitten. I was just beginning to forge a new relationship with Buddy, who suffered the loss of his best friend as well.

After Mia arrived, everything changed again, and I lost that bond with Buddy that we were beginning to have. Things are just going a day at a time. My boyfriend of 5 years has 2 11-year old ladies who will move in with us sometime this year. That will be interesting.

I've got a Purr-fect Fence that I installed last fall, and the cats absolutely love it. And I've got a nice area that is defined for landscaping now. I'm very interested in any forums or discussions on non-toxic garden plants. I made a promise to Buddy that I would make this area a beautiful garden in honor of our Cilla. And it was in the veggie garden over 10 years ago that Buddy and I met. As a young guy he came through a field to my yard every day to visit me in the garden, after a few weeks he worked his way into my heart and my house, and a few more weeks he worked his way into Cilla's heart too.

Unfortunately I realized that a safe world consisting of 2 cats and a girl is not as safe as it seemed, as my life was devastated by Cilla's death last year. I'm in process of trying to find a different type of support system, though I know that none will be as happy and as trusting as the family I once had. Obviously I'm a very emotional person when it comes to kitties, I find them to be very pure souls who can teach us a lot. (But I don't have any problem with doggies, but I've never had one bigger than a cat! I grew up with 2 toy poodles, whom I also miss very much).

That's about it. I have a few other hobbies, particularly making garden stones and hypertufa planters. I'm looking forward to adorning our new cat garden with lots of garden stones, plants, walkways, scratching stuff, and perches.

kindest regards,

Gina

loving Cilla always

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi and welcome! So sorry to hear about Cilla. My Seb is 11 and won't always be around although he is healthy now. He is my best friend and I think you will find others here who feel the same. He loves me no matter what and THAT is saying something
I am not always easy to get along with.

This is usually a very upbeat site, though
I love the Fur Pictures section and have learned a lot in the other areas.

Your garden sounds lovely. I hope you will be able to share pictures of your feline friends and your garden, too when it is ready.

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi Gina, and welcome to TCS!
I'm sorry you lost your Cilla.

I know you'll find a lot of kindred spirits here who care for their kitties as much as you do!

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS!

I'm sorry to hear about your Priscilla. I look forward to seeing Buddy and Mia when you can post some pictures.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ginamarina

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much for the warm welcome. I feel myself welling up already -time to get some work done before I come back!!

Gina

loving my Cilla always

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi welcome to TCS, this is such a great site and everyone here is so nice
Also this site can be very helpful and informative too
And of course we do have fun here time to time, so join us in the lounge sometime
! But anywho, I cant wait to see pics of ur crew, we just
pics here ! Also I am so sorry u went through all of that with ur vet
I am also sorry for the loss of Cilla,
R.I.P Cilla
! I look forward to seeing u on the forums

mybabyphx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! I look forward to hearing more about your babies. Sorry to hear about your other ones, and if you ever need to talk about it just check into "Crossing the bridge" where other people are going through the same things as you. I love this place, and I feel you will too! It becomes addictive

catsrnmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello and welcome Gina. I am sorry for your loss. We are glad that you and your fur-family are here.

ginamarina

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

ginamarina

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
can someone explain this vbPlaza stuff with the points and the bank?? I've never seen this before.

ty

debskats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi Gina and welcome to TCS!
Your story of Cilla went right to my heart as I went through something similar a few years ago when I lost my Kirby.
I'm so sorry you lost your soulmate kitty.

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome Gina!

I'm a relative newbie too! I already love this place...everyone made me feel so welcome. Hope you enjoy it here also! Your kitties are lovely. I'm sorry about your loss of Cilla.....I lost my soul-mate kitty, Spooky, nearly 7 years ago....and I still miss her like it was yesterday. Hang in there, the pain does lessen over time. My heart goes out to you because you are still grieving so deeply. I hope you will share your stories of Cilla here with us, so we can come to love her too.

~~Hugs~~
Pookie & the girls

kalikat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello Gina & welcome to TCS. I'm sorry to hear about Cilla, she looks a little like my Coco who's 15. I also have a 6 1/2 m/o kitten. I hope you found a more caring & knowledgeable vet.