New pics of Cleo

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Well i haven't posted new pics in a while. These were taken last week. She is now about 11 months old, and though she looks little in the pictures, sometimes we mistake her for Timmy (timmy is twice her size and squeezes through her cat door lol). We built her an outdoor pen out of starpickets and chickenwire. The chickenwire is pegged into the ground so she cant dig out and you cant see but there is a wooden gate so we can all go in. She used to go outside on the lead but she didnt get freedom that way. So now we can put her in there, she wont wander off and she gets sunlight (and she LOVES rolling around in the sandy soil)

We finally had a good rain so the pen and water bowl got a bit washed up with dirt. She has a little box which has a cushion in it and lots of toys hanging off places, in another corner is a tree we built around she likes to scratch on. She doesnt really use the litter tray, shes learnt to dig in the soil, even though when shes back in the house she still remembers to use the other tray.

This is her favourite toy in the world! Tristan bought it for his mum but Cleo adopted it. She takes it everywhere and can find it anywhere! It is very funny seeing her actually carry it through the cat door when it barely fits.

got it by the jugular! lol

ignoring timmy

teddy bear always goes first lol

about to fall off daddys chair

even when shes been fed or weve just put food in her bowl, she has to knock the darn thing over and try to chew her way into it!

and there she goes again

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That is fantastic! Lucky Cleo to have her own enclosure. I'd love to be able to do that one day for my boys.
Love her little pink teddy!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

That is fantastic! Lucky Cleo to have her own enclosure. I'd love to be able to do that one day for my boys.
Love her little pink teddy!
Thanks. Tristan lives on a farm so none of the material had to be bought, we just found it near the shed. Even though she cant see we keep worrying she might climb up that tree and jump over the wire lol, but she hasn't yet. She is VERY good at guessing heights of things though

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Oh my word isn't she precious!!
Whats the story on her not being able to see because i must have missed that?.

What an extra special girl she is
Well she is actually the reason i joined when we got her last August, so you would have to go searching very far back for my thread.

Cleo was dumped as a newborn or born in the wild by a feral mum, we aren't sure. She came through the council and was already blind, her eyes were pretty much dead from disease, she may have been born that way being out in the bush. No one was going to take her and she was only 4 months old, she was going to be put down. When Wendy (Tristans mum) heard about this, she couldn't let her die, it was just unfair. Tristan called me up that night and asked me how i felt about having a blind kitty. I didnt know what to say, and when he told me her eyes were actually dead, she couldn't open her eyelids. i really freaked out. She got spayed, and had her eyes removed in the same op, her eyelids were trimmed a little and sewn together. Before the op Tristan told me that she was shaking her head alot probably because of the pain in her sockets. Now she only does it as a radar when she is walking around the house finding her way. I got to meet her at the vet the day she came home, i think it was the same day or after her op. I was truly freaked out, as the only blind animals id seen had cateracts and not two lines of stitches on their face where their eyes were. I was bawling my eyes out, out of fear and worry and so much. I am so in love with her and used to it now, but it took me a while, Tristan said it was the same for him as well, but he handled it better. Tristans sis said at least she couldn't get eye injuries and us girls wouldn't accidentaly poke her with our fingernails while we were playing with her. She also had a tummy full of worms but now shes really healthy and active and LOVES to eat.

So that's the story about her sight.

This is what she looked like before her op

This is the lead we have but she crouched alot in the grass and didnt like the feel of it

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
looks like shes having great fun in her garden
she obviously gets about OK, its is amazing how animals can adapt

Its wonderful that you gave her a 2nd chance
give her some tummy rubs from us
she is such a special girl