OMG! Its starting to get funny...

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How messed up my car is...

I went to get into it after work..and as soon as I sat down in the seat, the car started rolling backward!!! I was like "aaaaaaaah"!! And slammed on the brakes...I pulled up the E-brake while thinking ":censor::censor::censor: is going on here?"..

I managed to calm down long enough to realize it was the tranny cable that had rotted away.

It scared the crap outta me.......I guess from now on I will be using my E-brake anywhere I park

My car is awesome eh?

:censor::censor::censor::censor:.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

You really need to find a new one!
I am TRYING!! Trust me, there are none available around here
I can't wait much longer...my car is very very angry and wants to die!

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My boyfriends car is the same way. We need a new one too, but the place I tried to get one never called me back. They even said they had 24 hour approval and its been like....over a month. Another place I tried, I was all ready to go and get the car that day and they never got back to me.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my gosh!! You really do need a new car, don't you?! No luck in finding one?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

Oh my gosh!! You really do need a new car, don't you?! No luck in finding one?
No luck at all..I don't know what is wrong with this city..Noone sells a civic

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you looked into getting a newer used car?
That's what mine is- every year we have the FedEX /St. Jude golf tournament in Memphis where all these celebrities and athletes come to play. They get brand new cars to drive around during the tournament- then when it's ove they go to dealerships/etc. My car had virtually no milage on it, was in great shape, and i got an awesome deal on it because it was "used" but only for a few weeks
Maybe you could look into something like that!

kiki_585

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I would definitely say it's time for a new car!! Are you only looking for Civics? If you can't find any you might have to go to a different kind. A lot of my friends love VW's. I am not a big car person so I don't know a whole lot about what type of car to buy.

Good vibes headed to you to hopefully help you find a new car!

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm soo sorry about your car and I can relate! It does sound like it's on its way to conking out!
Sending you MANY good luck
vibes that you find your civic! Hang in there...

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

How messed up my car is...

I went to get into it after work..and as soon as I sat down in the seat, the car started rolling backward!!! I was like "aaaaaaaah"!! And slammed on the brakes...I pulled up the E-brake while thinking ":censor::censor::censor: is going on here?"..

I managed to calm down long enough to realize it was the tranny cable that had rotted away.

It scared the crap outta me.......I guess from now on I will be using my E-brake anywhere I park

My car is awesome eh?

:censor::censor::censor::censor:.
maybe ya need a new one are a simi new one lol

kittydad

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Do not know where you have looked, but what about trying the automotive pages of the paper here in town, magazines you get for free for cars, auto dealer I believe. They are in most variety stores, or in boxes on the side of the road like newspaper machines and are free. What about expanding your search area, and trying a dealer on the outskirts of town too. Just a few ideas to try and help. Best of luck though.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by neetanddave

Those deisel VW Jettas are excellent on mileage as well.
I just got one last summer - I travel 100 km per day to work and back and I fill it twice a month.
You gotta love that! Hubby has the VW Passat Wagon diesel and he gets even better mileage than I do.

You can't go wrong with a diesel engine - they are like the energizer bunny - they keep going and going.

My old Passat Diesel (1995) which I drove for 5 years before I got the Jetta last summer is our "extra" car right now. It's been sitting all winter and today our daughter needed it because her brakes need some work so last night hubby went to start it and it started immediately. This dear old thing had a tree fall on it, was written off by the insurance, rebuilt and restored before we bought it and is still going. The summer before last I hit a very large raccoon on my way home one dark and rainy night, didn't realize that when I hit the poor creature, he took out my rad. I went shopping the next day and on my way there, my car stopped. I got it running again and took it to the nearest garage. The rad was bone dry and the engine hot as Hades. We put a new rad in, hubby put a reworked head gasket that he got for $50 and she's still running. It has the best heater I've ever had in any car. So we keep it for a spare.