No room at the Inn

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's great! I bet the kitties love it... I bet they think they are stopping you from organizing or something.
Homemade stuff is the best!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

skippymjp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

Mike that is great! What a fabulous idea for a cat "tree".
Oh, why thank you. The Tupper Lair originally started as a substitute for a cat tree for Trace Tumblebrutus. He couldn't climb a regular cat tree, and the poor guy was stuck on chairs, beds and the sofa. Then one day I saw him hop onto the second shelf of a plastic shelf unit in the utility room and thought "if those were arranged in a stair step pattern, he could just hop to the top!"

Duh!

So it was off to the store, where I bought 3 sets of the shelves for about $9 US, and 3 of the Sterlite Tubs for something like $3.47 US each, and put together the Lair, and it was an instant hit with Trace.

But, it was also a hit with everyone else, with the occasional spat over who was going to sit where....so, more shelves, more tubs....eventually there were parts of the Lair all over the house, a regular Catropolis

Over time, Trace finally figured out how to climb a cat tree with 3 legs....but they still love their Tupper Lair, and it's pretty much permanent fixtures here now

And finally, Trace's favorite sleeping shelf is equipped with a new, un-used bottle brush. This is because missing his right rear leg makes it very hard for him to scratch his face and chin. He has instead figured out how to use a stiff bristled brush for scratching, and this way, he doesn't even have to get out of bed

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is the most clever Catropolis I have ever seen!!! Your kitties sure are lucky to have such a clever person!

deelovely79

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That is so awesome!! I'm definitely going to make a smaller version w/ some grooming and scratching stations for my kitties.

snuzy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That is so cool! You should send a photo to the company that makes your shelves and bins. Bet they would love to advertise another use for their product.

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What an awesomely creative idea! I love it! Looks like your sweeties really appreciate your hard work too!

Hilda>^..^<

techiegirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
These are GREAT Mike!!! OMG! I need to make this! lol
How did you cut the holes/diamonds in the tupperware so nicely?

I am sooo excited!!