Board Vibes?

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just requesting a few board vibes for my little Swawnie Doodle. I had to take him to the vet this morning for a possible UTI. The good news is the vet says there's no blockage. The bad news is she couldn't get a urine sample, so I had to leave him there. The poor little guy is stressed and scared. If she can't get a sample, she's just going to start him on antibiotics, but I really want to have it analyzed. Thanks for any vibes you can send his way. (Meowmy is kind of a stressed-out wreck as well right now as well).

2furbabies

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi - sending good vibes your way... I just went thru this with my kitty and I know it can be stressful. I had to leave him at the vet on 2 seperate occassions so they could get urine. Chances are they will be able to get it from your baby. Generally they give them fluids and it isn't long before they are able to get a sample. Hope everything turns out ok.

minxie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
good vibes coming Swawnie Doodle's way

xulili

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Seams to be alot of urinary things going on lately
Just went though it with my boy. <hugs> and <vibes> comming your way!

claire1973

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
VIBES

Hopefully it will all be ok

Take Care

Claire

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you all. I haven't heard from the vet yet. She said we could pick him up at 5:00, whether they got one or not. The reason she couldn't get a sample is because she couldn't feel his bladder, because (as she said), he's a big cat
He's going on a diet after this.

I asked, and she did say a change in food could bring it on because different food has different pH. And I changed all his food because of the Menu thing. So if there is a lot of UTI's right now, maybe that's why. One more thing to thank Menu for.

jean44

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
More healthy vibes for Swannie Doodle.
I hope the vet was able to get a urine sample.

I know how you feel about leaving your cat at the vet and about urinary tract issues. Two of my boys have developed crystals in the last two weeks. One had to stay at the vet overnight to be sure he wasn't blocked.
I haven't determined a cause for the crystals yet.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Originally Posted by Misty8723

Just requesting a few board vibes for my little Swawnie Doodle. I had to take him to the vet this morning for a possible UTI. The good news is the vet says there's no blockage. The bad news is she couldn't get a urine sample, so I had to leave him there. The poor little guy is stressed and scared. If she can't get a sample, she's just going to start him on antibiotics, but I really want to have it analyzed. Thanks for any vibes you can send his way. (Meowmy is kind of a stressed-out wreck as well right now as well).
Mucho good vibes for you! Keep us posted!

MargeCat

angie8

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Lots of luck headed your way..........I know too well your situation. My Chandler went thru all of this in October and had to have surgery to remove calcium oxalate stones. My vet has a hard time getting urine samples from him too because he's a "big" kitty

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Update. Swanie does not have a UTI. The vet has no idea why he isn't urinating more, but she said there was mucous and bits of stuff (?). I'm sure she didn't call it stuff, but my brain can only hold so much data without writing it down. She gave me antibiotics in case there is an infection starting that the test missed. So now we're doing blood tests and I'm extremely frightened. I'll know tomorrow if anything is horribly wrong.

Swanie, meanwhile, is sleeping on my shirt and I think he's forgiven me for leaving him there. The vet said he was getting cranky.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Try to stay calm for his sake - he will pick up on your fear. Good vibes coming to you that he is OK.

auntie crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending you encouragement and hope for a minor problem with an easy resolution!

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Swanie is fine, nothing elevated in his bloodwork!

Thanks to all for the encouragement and good thoughts. They worked

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was trying to add a picture to my previous post, but it didn't work. I'll try something else. I haven't ever been successful in posting pictures on this board tho

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Misty8723

I was trying to add a picture to my previous post, but it didn't work. I'll try something else. I haven't ever been successful in posting pictures on this board tho
You can go to www.photobucket.com and sign up for a free account...then upload your pics there...then there will be some code provided under your pic (at photobucket) that starts with IMG ...paste that in your post...that should work.

I'm glad to hear that Swanie's test results were good! Maybe he can get back to stealing Cindy's food now.