Please vote....who should stay together today????

leli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Addie is in heat and seems to be trying to pick up the dog
She loves the dog in general and he's had a hard time getting used to a kitten who keeps trying to headbutt him. She's rolling around on the ground and paying too much attention to his back end
So, I don't want to leave her out with him while I'm at work, because it might eventually bother him (he just seems sort of confused right now) and I don't want a situation to develop. Therefore, Addie will be spending the day in the bedroom. The question is the roommate situation, because she can't be alone.

Choice A: Addie and George in the bedroom
George is her litter brother, so they get along. He could still have some kitten food, so I can leave that out for them. But, he's a little crazy sometimes and usually he plays with Sammy, the other boycat, when he's feeling excitable. In the bedroom, only Addie would be available.

Choice B: Addie and Lola in the bedroom
Addie and Lola are the girls. The benefit of this is twofold. First, the boycats would be out in the larger space and can tire each other out if they get excited. George is a more formidable playmate for Sammy, and vice versa, than either of the girls. Lola isn't super fond of the kittens because of their activity level, but lately it's really only been George and not Addie that gets too excited for Lola's lazy taste. Secondly, we can be assured that neither Addie or Lola will get stir crazy in the bedroom, since it's Lola's room of choice and Addie tends to be more lazy when in there. The downside.......Lola isn't really the cat Addie would go to for comfort. That would be Sammy. But he's not an option because that would leave Lola and George together and that's a no-go.

So, please weigh in....I'm leaving for work soon and I want to know what your opinions are!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I voted for the girls. Mostly becaue I dont' know if George is fixed (I assume he is) and becaue the cat the comforts Addie isnt' an option it's probably better to put her with a more calm cat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

leli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh yes, George is fixed! LOL I wouldn't put 2 intact kittens together. Only Addie isn't fixed and it's an ongoing issue.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I voted for the girls together too. It just makes more sense to me.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didnt vote for eithor. MY suggestion is to have Addie spayed as soon as possible. If she is in heat it can cause a plethera of problems. Also- having your pet spayed will reduce its odds of getting reproductive cancers and increase it's lifespan
Is there a low cost spay/neuter clinic in your area which could spay her at a reasonable price?
Having her spayed will eliminate those behaviors that she displays while she is in heat. Good luck hon! I'm sure you'll make the right decision for your animals

peachytoday

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She did take Addie in to be spayed. Addie had a bad reaction under and her heartrate droped. The vet wants her to gain some weight before he tries to spay her again. Which by the way I am still sending good vibes for a little weight gain. I really don't know which was the better choice for you but I hope everything went well.

Tricia

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

I voted for the girls. Mostly becaue I dont' know if George is fixed (I assume he is) and becaue the cat the comforts Addie isnt' an option it's probably better to put her with a more calm cat.
My reasoning exactly!

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I voted for both girls. I hope you are able to get Addie in to be spayed soon so you won't have to worry about the heat thing much longer.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

leli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by peachytoday

She did take Addie in to be spayed. Addie had a bad reaction under and her heartrate droped. The vet wants her to gain some weight before he tries to spay her again. Which by the way I am still sending good vibes for a little weight gain. I really don't know which was the better choice for you but I hope everything went well.

Tricia
Yeah! Believe me, I would LOVE it if she were spayed. She's annoying the heck out of us.

I did leave the girls together and everyone seems happy now. I'll have to ask my boyfriend how they were when he got home, since he gets off work before me.

If anyone is wondering, it's not so bad for Addie to have to be confined to the bedroom for a bit, because the time between when I leave for work and when my boyfriend gets home from work is only 4 hours at the very most. So, this arrangement should do until we can find a good spaying option.