Need Help re:contacting Menu foods

jackie1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have two cats who are now suffering from renal failure. I have tried repeatedly to get through to talk with someone at the Menu foods call center and was able to speak with someone just a few minutes ago.

When I told this lady what I was calling about she raised her voice and said she couldn't do anything to help. She was VERY RUDE and hung up on me. Has anyone had any luck talking with someone about this situation?

I am sick about this. I can't stand the thought of losing my babies.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for you, going through this. But your vet should by now know at least what to try. Have you contacted a vet as an emergency?

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
At this point, I would bet that Menu really can't and won't do anything for you or your cats. The best you can do is to work closely with your vet in the short term to try to save them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jackie1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cats have been receiving sub-q fluids and are home now with a prescription for benazepril.

No amount of money in the world will compensate for my cats.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jackie1

My cats have been receiving sub-q fluids and are home now with a prescription for benazepril.

No amount of money in the world will compensate for my cats.
I am so sorry. Check the sticky thread with links re this situation, it has (I think) the link to the FDA for reporting their illness. I would think reporting it will help (along with your vets report) re a claim.

My understanding, from more than one article, is that Menu has said they will provide compensation.

If you are getting no where by mail, consider 1) the fda site, 2) vets report 3) consider joining the class action suit, 4) writing them a registered letter outlining what has happened, what was fed etc (no I'm not a lawyer, but it seems to me you want something in print where you've contacted them) including lot number or upc code, and what you want ...vet bill compensation.

ktlynn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My heart goes out to you and your babies. I'm so sorry this happened to them.

The woman you spoke with could at least have been polite and sympathetic to your situation, even if there was nothing she personally could do. With what you're going through, you should not have to suffer rudeness from a person representing Menufoods, of all things.

I completely understand your statement that "no amount of money in the world will compensate for my cats." I would feel the same way. If you are thinking of suing, though, for whatever reason, it has been suggested by another member that individual lawsuits will be more effective than a class action lawsuit. I have no idea if this is true but it's something you may want to look into.

I'll say a prayer for your babies that they will soon recover. All my best wishes to you during this very tough time.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jackie1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for the prayers. Your well wishes mean a lot to me. All I want is to turn back time and not have to go through this.

My cats are 7 months old and 4 years old. My 7 month old seems to be doing much better than the 4-yr.-old. We should have had many, many years to look forward to together instead of this. So senseless that all these innocent animals have to suffer.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't understand..I saw in a press conference that they were going to pay vet expenses for pets affected
Are they going back on that?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

I don't understand..I saw in a press conference that they were going to pay vet expenses for pets affected
Are they going back on that?
If you have a link to that I would like to see it ... I cant imagine any company saying they would reimburse vet expenses unless it was proven on a per animal basis ( ie lot s of animals are fine but getting blood work ) ....

My heart does go out to all who have a sick animal

karmasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Everyone has said some great things on how to handle it.
I will be sending you prayers and vibes that your babies recover. We are hear for you.

Sending you hugs

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Regardless of whether Menu Foods plans to do the right thing (now, that is -- much too late) or not, there is no excuse for them adding insult to injury. I'm so sorry that woman was rude to you... and my prayers are with your kitties.

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry to hear about your two babies. You (and they) are in my thoughts and prayers and I hope your vet is able to save them
~Amy

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just wanted to let you know that I am praying for you and your kitties.My heart goes out to all of those sweet animals affected by this. Keep your chin up- i'm sure with those kitties having such a great momma to look after them, they will improve. Also- i'm a vet tech. it you need anything- please don't hessitate to pm me

jean44

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry to hear that your kitties are ill. I hope they both recover from this. Here are more healthy vibes and positive thoughts for them.

jokieman

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jackie1

I have two cats who are now suffering from renal failure. I have tried repeatedly to get through to talk with someone at the Menu foods call center and was able to speak with someone just a few minutes ago.

When I told this lady what I was calling about she raised her voice and said she couldn't do anything to help. She was VERY RUDE and hung up on me. Has anyone had any luck talking with someone about this situation?

I am sick about this. I can't stand the thought of losing my babies.
Contact a lawyer. Start keeping a journal of everything you are dealing with when it concerns your pets. Your emotional state, your pets health, vet visits, etc. Keep track of any loss of income due to it. Keep Receipts. Get copies of your vet's medical records. Etc.

Menu Foods will do plenty, but only after you've won the lawsuit. The only way you will get anything out of them is to sue them. If you can find others who are going through the same thing then you might be able to split initial costs and go with a Class Action suit as well.

But ANYONE going through this needs to contact a lawyer immediately. Menu Foods may talk about everything they'll do for you, but the Lawyer will ensure they actually do it.

P.S. The Money may not mean anything to you, but it means everything to Menu Foods. Remember that when it comes down to it all they care about is your cash.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sending prayers your way.I hope your babies will be ok.