Oh Smudge...

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She thinks any time we walk anywhere near the kitchen it must be to feed her. I was wandering around downstairs and she kept racing me to the kitchen thinking she was going to be fed, and was very disappointed when I walked straight past.

I finally went into the kitchen to get some toast, and was struggling to get the butter back in its box, and she was getting annoyed at me spending so much time with the fridge open and not feeding her...

So she just jumped right into the fridge, and tried to climb up to where her food is!!!! Little rascal...

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
*lol*

We keep Reeses' food in the lower cabinet and we have to hold her back when we open it or else she'll run right in. It wouldn't be that big of a deal but there are some nails and stuff sticking out on the inside and I'm afraid she'd get hurt.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
that is funny.
couple of weeks ago, as i got stuff out of the fridge, i turn around to see heyu, standing on her hind legs and pulling a pack of hot dogs

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, apparently she didn't think you were feeding her enough
She's sooo cute!!!! By the way, how are her little eyes doing since the surgery?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Well, apparently she didn't think you were feeding her enough
She's sooo cute!!!! By the way, how are her little eyes doing since the surgery?
She's still squinty, because she has small eyeballs which is a genetic defect, but the fur that grew back around her eyes is growing in the right direction and no longer irritating her eyeballs.

She still has no upper eyelids, but they don't think that will cause any future problems. She probably doesn't have the best vision, but she can see well enough, and she doesn't know any better, so they're overall very happy with her progress.

Thanks for asking

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well she can obviously see well enough to know where her food is!

I just have to look at my two and they assume I'm about to feed them.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
haha

When Abby was a little kitty everytime I opened the fridge she would climb in and investigate. I quickly put a stop to that for 2 reasons... hygiene and the fact that I didn't want to accidently lock her inside.

Both of my kitties are like Smudge! When I go near the kitchen I have 2 dancing kitties at my feet. You know how they get when they are walking and looking up at you and turning this way and that? It's so cute!

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww! She was trying to save you the bother by doing it herself!

Kitty is just the same. He races past into the kitchen even if theres food in his bowl already AND he helped himself to a bowl of prawns I had defrosting in the fridge one day. Got a picture of it on my fone.
Needless to say, meowmy didn`t have prawns for her dinner and the fridge wasn`t left unsupervised again!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

She's still squinty, because she has small eyeballs which is a genetic defect, but the fur that grew back around her eyes is growing in the right direction and no longer irritating her eyeballs.

She still has no upper eyelids, but they don't think that will cause any future problems. She probably doesn't have the best vision, but she can see well enough, and she doesn't know any better, so they're overall very happy with her progress.

Thanks for asking
No problem!!!
I'm glad to hear she's doing better now that she's had the surgery! That is great news! I also think that it helps that she has great meowmy looking after her!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

No problem!!!
I'm glad to hear she's doing better now that she's had the surgery! That is great news! I also think that it helps that she has great meowmy looking after her!
It's her great daddy I think!!! She always goes to DH for love, he's the one who spoils her rotten and always gives her tasty wet food, and he's the one who roughs her up which she thinks is SO much fun and boring meowmy always puts a stop to

aussie_dog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
lol, every time I go into the kitchen to make MYSELF something to eat, Molly comes running and sits under the chair by the stove where she always sits while waiting for me to prepare her food. When I'm done preparing the food that is MINE, I'll start walking away, but it'll be in the direction of where I usually put Molly's food on the floor, so she comes running, squawking and mewling in anticipation. Then I continue going by and she's stunned with disbelief.

Sometimes I'll have the fridge standing open (Molly and Willow get RAW meat, while Buffy's canned food will probably have been in the fridge since it was opened earlier in the day), and Molly will come along and see if there's anything worth eating in the fridge. She never tries to steal anything, though.