BSG did i hear that right.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For those that watch BSG on sci fi.
did i hear that end of the show right? the new season is not until 2008?
please tell me that my ears broke.

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You heard that correctly. No more BSG until 2008. My hubby seems to think that might change though.

quill_luv

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hm .... well. That rather sucks. Considering a certain someone and certain um, mishaps. Dang it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
great, that is like the only show on TV i watch

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OMG, did you see the finale tonight? :censor::censor::censor:?!! Did they take a massive jump over the shark or what?!! DH & I are in shock. Very very disappointing way to end the season. What were the writers on to come up with that? A Bob Dylan song calling the Cylons together? Just mind boggling. Ohh yay, they brought Kara back too, lthey just couldn't wait till next season and come up with something more plausible.
That was my favourite show, and I just watched it go down the toilet.

Anyways...I have heard rumours of a movie this summer. Anyone else?

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

OMG, did you see the finale tonight? :censor::censor::censor:?!! Did they take a massive jump over the shark or what?!! DH & I are in shock. Very very disappointing way to end the season. What were the writers on to come up with that? A Bob Dylan song calling the Cylons together? Just mind boggling. Ohh yay, they brought Kara back too, lthey just couldn't wait till next season and come up with something more plausible.
That was my favourite show, and I just watched it go down the toilet.

Anyways...I have heard rumours of a movie this summer. Anyone else?
Nope i did not hear of the a movie,
I agree the ending was very weak. The song did not match what was going on. I hate to say this, but that was by far the worst show they have done

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

For those that watch BSG on sci fi.
did i hear that end of the show right? the new season is not until 2008?
please tell me that my ears broke.
Boy I wish...I can not believe it is going to take them so long to put together the next season...grumble

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, at least they're finally putting on the last half of SG1 season 10! Something to look forward to.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Btw, Bob Dylan may have written the song, but it's all Jimi Hendrix for me, and I loved it....all along the watch tower...made sense to me..gorgeous guitar work by Jimi in his version.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Did you really think it went with BSG though? It just seemed jarring to me after the usual more ethereal "spacey" type music. It's an Earth song! What are they doing singing it on Galatica? BTW, I actually really like the song and was singing it last night afterwards.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Did you really think it went with BSG though? It just seemed jarring to me after the usual more ethereal "spacey" type music. It's an Earth song! What are they doing singing it on Galatica? BTW, I actually really like the song and was singing it last night afterwards.
It's so human...yeah, it worked for me. I can't imagine say being in a glider in the clouds listening to the song, and the whole who's a cylon etc. was so surreal..it worked for me (and I can't get that song out of my head today!)

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I found it a strange episode, like the lumped 2 completely different ones together. First the whole court scene, which was very typical BSg and normal. Everything is moving along well. Then wham! it suddenly turns into this hyped-up action flick episode.
Do you think those 4 really are part of the Final Five Cylons? Or is this some kind of Cylon sabbotage ploy, messing with their minds?

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know...we know that Balthar (?spelling) can hear the cylons, has a relationship with one but he is not a cylon.

I can't recall how many years cylons have been in existance...could the x/o be too old to be one of the first 5?

I think they are playing us.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's a good point. Tigh has been in the service for 40 years, and the new model Cyclons were only created since the last war.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

That's a good point. Tigh has been in the service for 40 years, and the new model Cyclons were only created since the last war.
Yep, i was thinking the same.

cinder

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catlover73

You heard that correctly. No more BSG until 2008.
Probably true. Do you have any idea how long we've been waiting for a new episode of The Shield?

Coming in April....

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There's a new season of The Shield? Really? I thought that was over now.

cinder

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Season 6 starts April 3rd. It's supposed to be 10 episodes. I read they were also picked up for a 7th and final season.