Who is your favorite...

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
super hero(s) and why???? or do you prefer super villians????

My favorite from my childhood would be Sailor Moon and the Sailor Scouts.

Today, I really enjoy Christian Bale (sp??) as Batman in Batman Begins hehe.
*sigh*

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
First fave was Superman and I loved reading Superboy. But the all time faves for me are the Legion of Super Heroes! (Followed closely by the Teen Titans. Love that Jericho! )

cinder

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I usually prefer a good villian, meaning a conflicted one. Farcape's Bialar Crais was one of my favorites.

Others include Spike from Buffy The Vampire Slayer and, of course, Angel. On Smallville, I think Lex Luther is much more interesting than Clark.

Jayne on Firefly couldn't really be considered a villian, but he bordered on being bad. I
him!

Another thing, if you're going to be a really great villian in my book, you gotta look good! Of course, these people are probably not considered super villians, but they're bad enough for me.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does anybody remember Marine Boy? It was a japanese cartoon and marine boy would chew special gum that let him breathe underwater, and his best friends were a dolphin and a mermaid. I always loved that cartoon!

And, the Wonder Twins! I think that is what they were called. They used to put their rings together and take the form of.... shape of....

I guess they really aren't super heros, but they were my favorite.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Funny that you should ask. In the U.S., stamps were issued of super heroes last year and I just finished a letter that I put a stamp of Plastic Man on.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, apparently I'm older than most of you; my favorite super hero was George Reeves aka Superman. I was REALLY young when he died, but I can remember asking my Mom how Superman could be dead.

As far as villians go, without a doubt it would be Julie Newmar as Catwoman on the old Batman tv show. She was absolutely purrrrrrrfect.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Batman. He may not have had super powers, but he had really cool gadgets.

No it's not the car either...it was the suit, especially in the movies.
Leather....

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The first superhero I fell for (at what I assure you was an extremely tender age!) was Mighty Mouse. I doubt anyone here even remembers all the way back to Mighty Mouse! But you might recall the theme song from Andy Kaufman's classic Saturday Night Live skit, when he lip-synched the line, "Heeeere I come to save the daaaaaaay!"

As for villains... well, I thought Ricardo Montalban stole the show as Khan in "The Wrath of Khan." And they don't come any more deliciously villainous than Alan Rickman as the German terrorist in "Die Hard!"

But for truly conflicted villains... nobody beats Roy Baty, played by Rutger Hauer, in "Blade Runner." His final scene is iconic.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

The first superhero I fell for (at what I assure you was an extremely tender age!) was Mighty Mouse. I doubt anyone here even remembers all the way back to Mighty Mouse! But you might recall the theme song from Andy Kaufman's classic Saturday Night Live skit, when he lip-synched the line, "Heeeere I come to save the daaaaaaay!"

As for villains... well, I thought Ricardo Montalban stole the show as Khan in "The Wrath of Khan." And they don't come any more deliciously villainous than Alan Rickman as the German terrorist in "Die Hard!"

But for truly conflicted villains... nobody beats Roy Baty, played by Rutger Hauer, in "Blade Runner." His final scene is iconic.
I remember Mighty Mouse

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by IloveSiamese

super hero(s) and why???? or do you prefer super villians????

My favorite from my childhood would be Sailor Moon and the Sailor Scouts.
OMG thats its, I loved sailor moon and the scouts, my brother actually has it on dvd or vcr im not sure! Well he better still have it
My brother was the one who got me into that mind u he wasnt a youngster he was like 18
but he bought me stuff all the time dealing with sailor moon

Also a good one is She-Ra omy I love that show of course it wasnt on when I was young but my brother once again has all of the tapes and stuff of it!
Imma have to make him bring them over sometime this week

Also I agree on spike and angel from buffy Cinder

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't know if he's really a "superhero", but I love Dorian Grey(The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen). Otherwise, I got for X-Men...Wolverine(Hugh Jackman is hot).

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
From the comics not from movies,
well, Wolverine,capt america, sgt rock(if anyone knows that comic)
ghost rider, i started to like batman after they changed the books and started to do the dark knight stuff. Those are just the ones that can think of without thinking about it. spawn was also starting to look really great.
as for villians
DR doom the joker , Magneto.
there are many more hehe,
i have the xmen from issue 1 all the way until 1991 when i stopped buying comics. the whole first run of the ghost rider. and the first 25 issue of the new ghost rider. man i have sooo many boxes in storage of comics, and i just cant bring my self to sell them.

There are some great comics that would make good movies if they would just follow the story.
how spiderman movies where ok, the new one is think is going to make the same mistake try to introduce to many things at once. Venom was great bad guy.

Oh, the move i would to them do was the first meeting between spider man and the silver surfer , that comic is a blast and so funny to read.

green bunny

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My favorite superhero is Wonder Woman. I'm a serious Wonder Woman fanatic. I have just over half of the issues of the first volume (1942-1986), but I prefer the Silver Age and Bronze Age issues. My goal is to own them all someday.

I'm also eventually going to get all of Vol. 2, and I'll just buy Vol. 3 as it comes out.

My favorite supervillian is Catwoman; she's a lot of fun! I remember really getting into her when Batman Returns came out in the theaters. I was about 9. I remember going into our usual comic book shop and there was this poster of Michelle Pfeifer as Catwoman and I just had to have it. In fact I still have it!

I also really enjoyed Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether (woo Miss Kitka!), and Eartha Kitt as Catwoman, too. They were just awesome.

Tricia

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Well. I think I might have to change my original answer! I agree with all of the above.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ohh, I'm a big fan of Raven from the TeenTitans. Not sure why exactly but I just really like her.

Another favorite who I haven't sene in awhile is Samauri Jack. First of his name is Jack, he's a time traveler, kind of the ultimate do-gooder. His goal is to get back to his original time but he helps out everyone and the cartoons are so well done.

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My first favourite superhero was the Hulk. When I was little, I used to dream that he would come and save me from the mean kids who were bullying me at school.

As I got older, I fell for Gambit of the X-Men. I like the bad boys.
I also always liked Wolverine, but Hugh Jackman really sold him for me (and I never would have thought a tall, young Australian could play a short, grizzled Canadian, so there you go!).

Now that I'm an adult, I go for more conflicted heroes who do the right thing but it might take them a while to do it: Mal Reynolds from Firefly, Spike in later seasons of Buffy and Angel, and Niki on Heroes.

As for villains, I like my villains as conflicted as my heroes: The Operative from the Firefly movie Serenity, Magneto, Venom, Hannibal Lector, Darth Vadar. I think the Mayor from Buffy was one of the most interesting villains they've ever had (although I have a soft spot for Spike and Drucilla). I want villains who believe they're on the right side, doing the right things, but who are in fact actually quite evil.