To my northern friends

skippymjp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here in Chalybeate, KY, it has finally dropped below 80 degrees. My little brother got home from his training trip, so I have my laptop back now, safe and sound. So, the laptop and I are on the back deck, watching the sunset, munching on a tray of fresh cucumber sandwiches and having a nice latte with hazelnut syrup.

So to all my friends that are still snowed in, snowed under or just snowed on.....I just wanted you to know that I'm thinking about you...no really, I am

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Up here in Toronto, it's been around 10 degrees (50F) and is going up to 18 (65F) on Tuesday! A lot of the snow has melted on my front lawn.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Luckily all 40 inches of our snow is GONE!! I was so happy to see it when it was here, but I'm itching for spring now!
It was about 50* here today, BEA-UITFUL!

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was a wonderful day here in West Virginia too.Tomm is suppose to be even nicer.WOO HOO!!!

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey now... the snow from last months blizzard finally has melted and the brown grass is turning green. It's looking like spring in good old NE Ohio.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No Snow here in MI!!!

We actually had a lovely day at around 58* F here. The windows were open, the birds and squirrels were actively trying to invade our yard. All the cats stood guard at the window making sure none got in!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Fred&Nermal

Up here in Toronto, it's been around 10 degrees (50F) and is going up to 18 (65F) on Tuesday! A lot of the snow has melted on my front lawn.
It is?!
I'll have to dig out my shorts...oh the pasty winter white legs I shall bare to the world. ah, the joys of spring.

Oh and Mike,
to you!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ha! I'm about 2 hrs south of Kenz & it was at least 10* warmer here! I believe I was told it got up to 65 ish. Pretty darn good for MN in March!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It was rainy here today and chilly, but tommorrow is supposed to be awesome - sunny and between 16-18 C.

We've had a pretty nice week in the Toronto area overall. My mailman at the office was wearing shorts on Wednesday. That's a bit too much for me but he seemed quite comfortable.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, no snow here, but raaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin! They said on the news today that this month it has rained 21 days (that's out of 24 thus far). This has got to be the wettest March on record. But it's mild... and everything is blooming... I hold on to that, and know that sometime the rain will stop, the back yard will dry out enough to mow the lawn... and maybe we won't need serious farm equipment to do so.
We did have a bit of sun late this afternoon...

artharitis

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Its been absolutely beautiful in virginia lately. Windows up constantly, perfect temp.. its RARE because I normally don't like the weather here.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Ha! I'm about 2 hrs south of Kenz & it was at least 10* warmer here! I believe I was told it got up to 65 ish. Pretty darn good for MN in March!
Its supposed to be 74* here today Natalie!!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Fred&Nermal

Here too, no snow for us!!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

Well, no snow here, but raaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin! They said on the news today that this month it has rained 21 days (that's out of 24 thus far). This has got to be the wettest March on record.
Didn't you guys have the wettest fall on record too? Where does all that water go?!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, it was in the 80s and we might break a record today. It's almost enough to make you turn the A/C on!

I wore my flip flops to shop this morning and bought a new pair (for dressier occasions.
)

kittydad

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Last few days have been nice here. Potio door has been open all weekend. Blinds up, and cats looking out. Even took sugar out for a walk the other day. Might even take her out later today too. Have not seen the forecast for this area yet, but last I saw, it was supposed to be decent. Especially wednesday and thurs (my days off).

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

Didn't you guys have the wettest fall on record too? Where does all that water go?!
That's the problem! There's also a record snow pack, and when it starts to melt, there will almost certainly be flooding, because the dyke system on the Fraser River is not adequate.
Roll out the sandbags.

I said it before and I'll say it again, Mother Nature is not pleased with the inhabitants of Mother Earth, and she's letting us know it.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's certainly an interesting time to be living through. You can't take anything for granted weather-wise these days. It's like Mother Nature is just making it up as she goes along. See what she throws at us this year, not that we don't deserve it.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

It's certainly an interesting time to be living through. You can't take anything for granted weather-wise these days. It's like Mother Nature is just making it up as she goes along. See what she throws at us this year, not that we don't deserve it.
Sometimes, I think she just throws the cards up in the air and says, "Hey, you guys, you know so much about nature and the earth -- YOU figure it out!"