Swiffer Wet Jet?

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK, so originally I heard the swiffer wet jet was toxic to cats, then I heard it wasn't, then I heard they have a new formula. Does anyone know what the truth really is? I would love to get one, but obviously I'm concerned about anything that might be bad for my babies.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks. I'm still not 100% sure about getting one just because I'm not big on using cleaning products around the cats, but at least I know it was an urban myth. I currently clean the floors with dish soap & water, but it would be nice to have something that would allow me to easily clean up the wet food messes that get on the floor (They love their wet food & usually get so excited they push some off the plate onto the floor.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have one and I love it. The stuff dries so quick that you can just shut the kitties out of the area for a few minutes, it wil be nice, clean and dry. I have used it for quite some time, and have seen no ill effects. I heard, like you, that it was toxic, then that it wasn't, so I watched carefully the first few times I used it for any reaction. I haven't seen anything but nice, clean floors in less than half the time it takes with a mop and bucket.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by krazy kat2

I have one and I love it. The stuff dries so quick that you can just shut the kitties out of the area for a few minutes, it wil be nice, clean and dry. I have used it for quite some time, and have seen no ill effects. I heard, like you, that it was toxic, then that it wasn't, so I watched carefully the first few times I used it for any reaction. I haven't seen anything but nice, clean floors in less than half the time it takes with a mop and bucket.

My experiences with it exactly

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't use a mop. I get down on my hands & knees (very small apartment & only 2 floors), but I was just thinking it might be nice for spot clean ups. The only problem is the only closet I have doesn't have a door just a sheet. So I don't have anywhere I can really keep it away from the kitties.