Allen, Rachel & Meghan may be affected.

auntie crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was feeding my kittens the Nutro NC Kitten pouches late November through mid February and just had blood-work done on them.

Allen's CBC and chemistry numbers are within acceptable/normal limits.

Meghan and Rachel's creatinine numbers, however, came back high and high-normal; 1.8 and 1.6 respectively.

All three are going back for a urinalysis on Tuesday.

Among all the prayers you are sending out today, please add one for my furkids. I am doing everything I can NOT to freak out, but the more I study CRF, the worse I feel.

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lots of )))vibes((( for you and your fur kids.

jadedlaw

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hang in there until you know for sure; don't drive yourself crazy until you know what is going on with your furbabies. I'm sending you hopeful vibes.

debskats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Healthy thoughts are on their way for all 3.
I so hope that everything's OK.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Thinking of you and your kitties, and will pray that all turns out well for you!

Take care,

MargeCat

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
lots of be healthy vibes are going out to your babies and calming ones for you too

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Lots of calming and healing vibes for you and the kits

angie8

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh no, how scary! I do hope the creatinine levels look better when you take them back. Try not to imagine the worst until you know for sure what's going on, though (easier said than done, I know, especially with all that's going on with the food recalls). Hang in there......lots of good wishes being sent your way

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending lots of good health vibes to your babies and calming vibes to you.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Keeping everything crossed for you that it is OK. Try to stay calm, though I know how worrying it must be.

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i'm sending you good vibes and stoli and luxor send their purrs.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

auntie crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much, everyone, for your support. I'm keeping my blood pressure down by will alone here, and your encouragement definitely helps.

The siblings are going in for the urine test tomorrow, and I found out today the doc wants to stick a needle directly into their bladders to draw the urine. I just can't seem to make myself believe that's really an ok thing to do!

Is this really as common and simple a practice as my vet wants me to think it is?

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Auntie Crazy

The siblings are going in for the urine test tomorrow, and I found out today the doc wants to stick a needle directly into their bladders to draw the urine. I just can't seem to make myself believe that's really an ok thing to do!

Is this really as common and simple a practice as my vet wants me to think it is?
The name for that is cystocentesis, and I've had this done, and requested it, many a time over the past 5 years. I have not once, seen one of my cats appear traumatized by it, nor been able to tell where the needle insertion was. Honestly, try not to worry about it