Did someone say MOUSE?!?

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL!! Well my mother took my son and his friend yesterday to go shopping and stay in motel. Uh huh well look what he came home with:

I have to admit, he is cute!!

maxy24

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh, I love mice! I've always wanted a couple and maybe breed them once (actually I really want to do this with gerbils). I like rodents all though I am not a big fan of Hamsters. And yeah what's his name!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snuzy

And they didn't check with mom first? Should be a nice toy for your kitties though.

What's his name?
LOL~well this is his temporary home!!
My mom only has one cat so he should be safer there.....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Patch

Aww he's beautiful
Is that just temporary bedding for him?
Umm, why??
They bought some cedar type bedding and then found out that was poisionus to the mice.

maxy24

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
cedar and pine are bad, but I would not use newspaper especially with ink on it. Use aspen or Carefresh. There is also corncob but I'm not a fan of that.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
aw, what a little cutie!! I had a mouse, I got him for a 7th grade science experiment-don't worry! it was just running a maze
His name was Sniffles and he lived for almost 2 years

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like mice and hamsters - but neither would survive very long - both Charlie and Ling would have that mouse dead in 2 seconds if it got out! And even if its in a tank - they would give it a heart attack

sazza

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Aww! Wee meecer! I had a black mouse years ago - he was great

rhiannon

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
He looks a lot like Willow, my mouse.
She's 2 years old and still going strong. I keep her in a 10 gal. glass aquarium with about two inches of plain, unscented clay cat litter in the bottom and a good thick layer of prairie hay (cheap to buy, and she adores cutting it up and nesting in it) on top of that. I fluff up toilet paper or paper towels for her to drag into her sleeping area. She's got a wheel and a water bottle, a sort of latticework of pussy-willow branches to climb on, and her diet consists of mixed birdseed (sunflower, safflower, white and red millet, cracked corn) and rat chow, sprinkled throughout her cage in the morning so she can forage the rest of the day. I supplement this with little bits of whatever natural food I have on hand at the time: bits of beef, chicken, walnut, apple, cucumber, orange, carrot, celery, or the seed heads from the grass that grows on my balcony (high up, so there's a low chance of pesticide contamination). I gave her the "thumb" of a crab claw once, and she adored that. Like any rodent, she gnaws like crazy, so I give her nutshells, cuttlebone, sticks, shells, paper towel tubes, and anything else that looks gnaw-able.

Hopefully you'll find something helpful for your own mouse in that huge chunk of text. :p

I don't know about mice, but I know a friend of mine had a dwarf hamster keep three (fairly pudgy) house cats at bay until she came to rescue it.
Poor cats were terrified.

keisha

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Mice are adorable and i've thought about getting them. But i've heard they think much worse than hammies and rats.

he is abosoultely adorable!!