i got engaged

dont_eat_bambi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If anyone cares. I got engaged on valentines day. I posted a long whiney thread a few months ago. I feel better now but want to elope. Planning a wedding is insane.

berylayn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats!! I think eloping is great.
My hubby and I had a very small wedding last summer and sometimes I really wish we had just eloped. Even planning a small wedding had its issues! Good luck with whatever you decide to do and enjoy being engaged!!!!

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats!!!!!!!! That is a very pretty ring. Not too big, not too small. And square cuts are my favorite.

PS: The guy's not too bad either.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats! The ring is beautiful! Last year DH & I planned a trip to Jamaica, just the two of us and got married on April 1st. The parents weren't too happy at the time but they are getting used to the idea. We had a reception the following week (don't remember any of it).

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I eloped and it was worth it! I encourage all women who are in the middle of planning a wedding to take a step back, take a deep breath, and dash to a court house!

wesley's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats to the both of you! Yes, planning a wedding is very hard. I had a VERY large wedding. At first while planning it, I wanted everything to be perfect and just a certain way, but by the end of it I didn't care what happened any more! I just wanted to get married and that's it! So, pretty much everyone around us planned the wedding. I was about to go crazy though! Everyone wanted it their way. There were so many things to think about. But in the end, everything came together and it all went so nicely!!! We were only engaged 6 months and that was long enough for me! We are now approaching our one year anniversary and I look back on a lot of stuff that we stressed about back then and just have to smile because it was so silly!
On my wedding day as long as I was there and he was there, that is all that mattered to me! All the hard planning that took place didn't even matter to me any more!!!

Congrats to you again, many good thoughts being sent your way!
Remember not to stress and just enjoy the moment! Hope everything goes well for you!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats!!! Enjoy being engaged...after the wedding your are just "the wife"! (lol...just kidding!). I've been married 1 1/2 yrs, and yes, planning a wedding is SOOOO stressful! My husband BEGGED me to go to Las Vegas with him and elope but I wanted the celebration with friends and family.

A wedding is only as stressful as you make it. There is nothing wrong with a civil ceremony and a picnic or luncheon after. I was maid of honor at my best friend's wedding and they exchanged rings 30 ft under water (scuba divers are crazy). Basically it is you and your future husband's day. You do what you want. Don't plan a wedding to please anyone but yourselves.

binkyhoo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

I eloped and it was worth it! I encourage all women who are in the middle of planning a wedding to take a step back, take a deep breath, and dash to a court house!
Thats my plan. No Hoopla. No cake and if i can get around it ,no big fancy-ola rings. Just love.

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats! Youre ring is gorgeous!

I myself have only been engaged for 3 months and I can tell you that it is only as stressful as you make it. Remember it is about what you want and not what everyone else wants. My mom seems to think this is her thing to plan already