Nala is in heat. (guessing)

xris

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Alright so I'm guessing Nala is in heat. She is whining constantly and will not leave me alone. Man, it really sucks too. Right now the most when I'm trying to sleep but she is way too loud.

Anyway, can she be spayed while in heat? If not how long will this last for ? Is there anything to do to reduce the amount of noise she is making ?

Please, someone answer my prayers! Ha

Chris

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I sympathise - I have just been through it with my little 6 month old Biscotte, because the vet won't spay her till one month after her vaccinations! Her heat cycle lasted four days of real crying, then a day or so where she was getting calmer. There is not much you can do - I distracted her with toys and played with her to make her tired and then sleep, but it was still a pain for me and the other cats. And I don't think she enjoyed it much either. Some people suggest putting the cat in a dark room and using a Feliway sparay or Rescue Remedy to calm them, but I have not tried it. Whatever you do, be extra careful not to let her out! She will certainly come back pregnant.

larke

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She can be spayed while in heat and if she's over 2 mos., she's old enough.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

xris

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jennyranson

I sympathise - I have just been through it with my little 6 month old Biscotte, because the vet won't spay her till one month after her vaccinations! Her heat cycle lasted four days of real crying, then a day or so where she was getting calmer. There is not much you can do - I distracted her with toys and played with her to make her tired and then sleep, but it was still a pain for me and the other cats. And I don't think she enjoyed it much either. Some people suggest putting the cat in a dark room and using a Feliway sparay or Rescue Remedy to calm them, but I have not tried it. Whatever you do, be extra careful not to let her out! She will certainly come back pregnant.
Thanks a ton I'm actually about to call the vet and schedual an appointment.