Any one else wake up sore from the kitties?

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok so today I wake up mind u my body is curved all over the place, I get up out of bed and my legs were hurting so bad, so pretty much everytime i walk they hurt worse so after every trip around the house i found myslef back in bed
I am assuming it was because of how i slept, i didnt walk anywhere yesterday and I didnt really do much except school work, now today I am not motivated to day anything except lay around and the labtop is my "ghetto" heating pad
I dont know where the heating pad is so o well I get to sit on the computer and give my legs warmth and some relief!

But..

Does any one else wake up with aches and pains do to the kitties or dogs sleeping in ur bed??!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jane_vernon

My cats know that I'll just roll ontop of them
See I know I move around in my sleep and I wake up with the CRAZIEST hair styles from it
but I always worry imma hurt the kitties when i move at night while sleeping, and well it turns out they hurt me
and they move me in my sleep! I wake up in some of the oddest positions in the morning! And well bella has that strength and weight to just toss me to the side

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Not really, but Ni managed to nip my chin and Joji scratched and bit my leg. I did not feel anything and was surprised to find the small healed wounds on my body and a bit of blood on the bedsheet and pillow when I woke up.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
heyu was never much of rough player so she just sleeps in the bottom of the bed.
now eazy the wants to sleep right next to you, and loves to just climb all over that sleeping giant next to him so yea

heh but he is starting to relax now, so just sometimes

dont_eat_bambi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I sometimes wake up with a quarter of the bed offered to me (full size ) they let my fiance have his total side and take up half of mine . Then they wont even move for me to get up and feed them. I have to make fiance get out of bed so I can feed them. They are like lead on the bed too. I dont allow them to get on the pillows (cept for lucky) he always sleeps on them. Anyways one of my cats peed on my head one time when she was in heat and very ticked off.

minxie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This thread did make me smile.....here the cats show their love to me through torture, I think...

Ok I'll set the scene. I'm lying in bed about to drift off into dreamland.....then we have:

Boris, who has no consideration for the pain caused to women by constantly walking up and down on my chest in my sleep.

Amelia, who thinks if a human can take up half the bed, so can she (which leaves virtually zero room for my husband!)

Theodore, who has a foot fetish....and his favourite game is to lick our toes or scratch our feet during the night (I now go to bed with huge wooly socks on to protect my feet...which has not been the greatest thing for my love life)

Olivia, who is a fair few weeks pregnant....she sleeps at the end of the bed...but because of her condition, we have to be so careful not to accidentaly push her off the bed...which means we can hardly stretch out.

that leaves Tinkerbelle... fortunately she is the only one that doesn't interrupt our sleep and has the manners to sleep on the cat bed!

Saying all that, I wouldnt have it any other way...despite the body cramps and aches in the morning, its the most wonderful thing to wake up and your whole cat family are around you.

PS - We did try the option of shutting them out of the bedroom to try and get a good nights sleep...but realised that the damage to the carpets and door the next morning was not worth it!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
With two large dogs, a kitten, and a Colin on a queen size bed with me- lol when do i not wake up sore

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Always! Dushka sleeps under the covers curled into my arm. Ellie sleeps on top, sometimes curled into my side, sometimes really on me. And she likes to suddenly knead me or lick my face in the middle of the night. Persil is at the back of my knees. Wellington and Biscotte vary - sometimes they stay downstairs on 'their' chair, sometimes they join the others, but are quite likely to have a wrestle on top of me at 5AM. ANd sometimes Biscotte on her own will sleep on my feet. So every morning I wake up tired and cramped. But I love them!

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My girlies rearrange me all the time! With Sierra, she'll usually sleep on my head, but if she decides she wants to stretch all the way out on the pillow, I inevitably wake up flat on the bed. Serenity will usually start out in the crook of my tummy with me on my left side, but I'll often wake up almost on the bed side table pushed way over so she can stretch out occupying as much room as possible
My sweet loves..with or without a pillow, on or off the bed, I'd never sleep a single wink without them

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Only when I fall asleep on the couch. There really isn't room for me and both cats to get comfortable but that doesn't stop them from getting up there with me and getting comfortable themselves. I never have in the bed, there is enough room there.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DawnofSierra

My girlies rearrange me all the time! With Sierra, she'll usually sleep on my head, but if she decides she wants to stretch all the way out on the pillow, I inevitably wake up flat on the bed. Serenity will usually start out in the crook of my tummy with me on my left side, but I'll often wake up almost on the bed side table pushed way over so she can stretch out occupying as much room as possible
My sweet loves..with or without a pillow, on or off the bed, I'd never sleep a single wink without them
see i cant sleep without them either
i need at least one kittie with me and it is usually bella who sleeps curled up under the covers with me, then theres stormie who sleeps on my feet or my side, and blue who just sleeps anywhere on me but shes light as a feather, but i havent been rearranged in the last few days, maybe cause they know im sick
they have become more cuddely before bedtime too !!
and I love it, blue earlier was sprawled out all on me! Bella just loves my shoulder so shes the same and stormie has been coming up and laying on me and cuddeling, I guess tho because I am sick and they can sense it im sure they are being bad, ecs when its times for bed
they know I am weak and cant get them or run after them

Originally Posted by Denice

Only when I fall asleep on the couch. There really isn't room for me and both cats to get comfortable but that doesn't stop them from getting up there with me and getting comfortable themselves. I never have in the bed, there is enough room there.
See tho there is enough room in my bed too we just love to rearrange me lol I got a queen sized bed and just me and the kitties, so theres more than enough room but they like to move me in my sleep

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always do...not so much when I get up..But when I am sitting here at the computer, she will stay on my lap for hours..and there is no getting her off of me. So my legs go numb.

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Once I'm in a comfortable position in bed, I don't move around much, but I will gradually move to accommodate my cats. Oz takes full advantage of this and is very good at the whole "stealth takeover" of the bed. He'll start in one relatively harmless position -- say, at my feet -- and then gradually stretch himself out until he takes up the bottom half of the bed, where my legs and feet normally go. And meanwhile, I'll actually let him push me out of the way! (I do it in my sleep; I don't wake up and think "Oh, Ozzie needs more room -- I should move!") When I wake up, I'm twisted into a pretzel and Oz is sprawled into approximately four square feet of bed space.

Spike is too restless to cripple me in this fashion. He'll curl up with us for a couple of hours, but will eventually leave to find something else to do (usually something loud and obnoxious). He also tends to curl himself around us, rather than trying to get us to move to accommodate him. Ozzie's methods require too much work for Spike to bother!