Big outside adventure!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It was a beautiful evening and we got home from work at a reasonable time for a change, so I took Stumpy and Smudge out for a walk around our townhouse.

It didn't start out well when I was trying to herd Stumpy out the door by closing it slowly against her bum, and I didn't realise her paw was still in the house, and squished her little back paw in the door
She let out a big shriek, but was purring again with minutes so we tried again, but this time I carried them out!

This is only Smudge's second time being out for more than a couple of minutes and she was a little hesitant to start with, but once she realised how fun it was outside had the best time pouncing on things and chasing things!

If I crawl on my belly, maybe this harness thing will disappear!

C'mon Smudge, this way!

And a video of how I got the kitties to go in the same direction - it takes a little while to get into it, so just bear with it and keep watching - Smudge is such a cutie!

Kitties out for a walk

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wish it was that time for us here, I am curious to see Maias reintroduction with the harness after the winter...
We are getting close though!

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They look as if they are having a lovely time

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I notice Stumpy takes care of what is above and Smudge is more interested on what's nearer to the ground.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks guys - yes they had a ball!! A family walked by and called out "are they cats or dogs??" (the cats were a bit blocked from their view), and I said they're cats and they could come say hello if they wanted to. So they came and said hello, and I picked Smudge up and put her at the little girls feet, and Smudge just rubbed against the little girl and purred and snuggled and the little girl thought it was just the best thing in the world
It was very cute...

Originally Posted by Momofmany

Stumpy has such a cute little butt!!! I love stumpy kitties!!
I know!! When she gets annoyed she thrashes her little stump around which always makes us laugh - it's just too cute!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Great pics!
They're obviously loving it outside. It was cute how Smudge chased Stumpy's leash.
A little red snake in the grass.
You even have little flowers blooming already! I bet there's lots of noisy birds to keep the kitties entertained.
It was such a lovely day here yesterday that I saw several people out walking their cats. I had to laugh at all these crazy cat people.
Then I got home and we took our boys out for a walk too. They had a wonderful time, especially Wiggies who got to stalk a couple of ducks enjoying a temporary pond in the neighbour's yard, and then he chased a rabbit through the trees. Big time excitement in the world outside the window.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

Great pics!
They're obviously loving it outside. It was cute how Smudge chased Stumpy's leash.
A little red snake in the grass.
You even have little flowers blooming already! I bet there's lots of noisy birds to keep the kitties entertained.
It was such a lovely day here yesterday that I saw several people out walking their cats. I had to laugh at all these crazy cat people.
Then I got home and we took our boys out for a walk too. They had a wonderful time, especially Wiggies who got to stalk a couple of ducks enjoying a temporary pond in the neighbour's yard, and then he chased a rabbit through the trees. Big time excitement in the world outside the window.
You need pics of your boys as well!!

I think it's so nice for inside cats to have an occasional explore outside, they really enjoy it, but also seem to realise that the outside world isn't THAT exciting - and a walk is just nice every now and again

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

I know!! When she gets annoyed she thrashes her little stump around which always makes us laugh - it's just too cute!
I was owned by a Manx once and I know exactly what you mean! It was even funnier when he was in the crouch/pounce position, you know, when cats wiggle their rumps before they go after something? That little nub would get a shaking so hard that his butt would wiggle with it.

My Manx had tail envy - used to pull the tails off of lizards and go after my other dogs/cats tails (even the greyhound's 3 foot long whip tail). Does your Stumpy have this same issue with tails?

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
awe such cuties, and well I know what u mean when she gets annoyed or when playing, Stormie moves that little tail of hers like its nothing its just too cute and so hard not to laugh
I love it what can I say, but Stormies got so much hair there so her tail looks about 2 times the size it actually is, of course her longest hair is her butt area

But it looks like ur crew had such a fun day out
they are such cuties

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Looks like they enjoyed it. I love it when they walk low to the ground!

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw they look like they're having a great time.

Do your neighbors think you're crazy for taking cats for a walk?

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sicycat

Aw they look like they're having a great time.

Do your neighbors think you're crazy for taking cats for a walk?
Well my neighbour on one side does the same thing with her cat, and we only started doing it because we saw someone else in the complex do it and thought we should try it

So I'm sure some of them do, but generally love coming up and saying hi to the girls if we're out walking

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They look like they had a blast! I tried taking all of my kits for a walk. Needless to say, it did not go well!