What Should I Feed My Kitties?

halifaxhoney

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I know that this is a question that has probably been asked time and time again but I've been thinking about switching my cats food for a while now. I'm currently feeding them Whiskas, which I've been told is like feeding a human eating McDonald's all day, every day.

Some of the high quality cat food that I've seen is $30/bag and I'm on a budget. What are some foods that you can recommend?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I prefer wet to dry .... and right now one of my fav s has some under recall...

Non recalled wet and dry that are good and reasonable

Chicken soup 16lb bag is 16-30 feed stores have better prices.. wet is also not on recall

solid gold 15lb is 19.99 at petco .. wet also not on recall

nutro max 20lb 19-28 feed stores have lower price ... packet wet on recall

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

I prefer wet to dry .... and right now one of my fav s has some under recall...

Non recalled wet and dry that are good and reasonable

Chicken soup 16lb bag is 16-30 feed stores have better prices.. wet is also not on recall

solid gold 15lb is 19.99 at petco .. wet also not on recall

nutro max 20lb 19-28 feed stores have lower price ... packet wet on recall
I got some samples of the solid gold dry, and my cats reallllly liked it. They like the max too. Haven't tried the chicken soup dry.

One thing to keep in mind when comparing costs is that they will eat less of a higher quality food. I had heard that and didn't believe it, but my cats proved it to me.

caterpillar

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
'Nuff said.

Friskies as well as Purina cat food are manufactured in their own plant with much better quality control and security.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by caterpillar

'Nuff said.

Friskies as well as Purina cat food are manufactured in their own plant with much better quality control and security.
Friskies is fast food for cat s.... now some of the pro plan is decent ingrediants and not made in a MENU plant

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

halifaxhoney

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for the tips, I love my cats like they are children and I want to feed them good quality food. I guess it's just ignorance on my part and not researching this enough.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by halifaxhoney

Thanks for the tips, I love my cats like they are children and I want to feed them good quality food. I guess it's just ignorance on my part and not researching this enough.
You came to the right place for lots of advice