I did a good deed!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just as I was getting home from work earlier my neighbor came over and asked if we could help her out.
Apparently her daughter who's 17, came home from school and her dad had moved out of thier apartment while she was at school yesterday!

So she had some furniture, dishes, and household stuff she needed to take over to her.
I guess she decided since she's turning 18 next month that's she going to stay in the apt and renew the lease with her boyfriend.

So I went through some of my stuff and gave her some curtains, sheets and pots and pans.

We loaded up my truck and took everything over to her just now.. She offered me gas money but I told her not to worry about it.

I remember being that age and starting out on my own... It's not easy.

It feels good to do something for someone!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
17? And her father moved out and left her? That's abandonment because she is still a minor. He should be arrested and charged with abandonment and have his butt tossed into jail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

queenfe

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My daughter also chose to move away from home at 17yrs, oh how I hoped and prayed she had some one like you to give the few odds and sods.
That was so nice of you, it warmed my heart.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

17? And her father moved out and left her? That's abandonment because she is still a minor. He should be arrested and charged with abandonment and have his butt tossed into jail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Nope.. they called and nothing they can do. She's a month (actually 3 weeks) from being 18...