The faucet thread :)

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Reeses does it too. Our kitchen sink drips a bit. She knows she's not supposed to be she does it anyway
I've caught her in the bathroom sink a few times too.

calico76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My older 2 love the faucet! As soon as anyone goes near the bathroom they are there on the sink for a sip or two!

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's strange to see so many people letting their kitties up on the counter/sink. We usually tell her to get down, especially if we put dishes in the sink, she'll get up and try and get at them.

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats haven't figured out how to actually drink the running water. They just play in it.

Pixel (note that the side of her head is sopping wet)

and Pumpkin...no explanation needed for this one.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OMG I'm laughing so hard at this thread! Love it!!

I'll have to try to get pics of Ginger in the bathroom sink. She discovered that it drips, and provides and endless supply of fresh, cool water with no other kitty slobber in it.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by beandip

My cats haven't figured out how to actually drink the running water. They just play in it.

Pixel (note that the side of her head is sopping wet)

and Pumpkin...no explanation needed for this one.

OMG how funny!!!

Did they not get the memo that cats don't like water??

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maia loves the bathroom sink, especially in the summer!

But the tub faucet is the only one she will stay near if its running!

I guess she has to have complete control of the situation
!

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww how sweet! My kitties didn't use to play with water, this is the closest I have. Wukong sitting next to a sink, deeeep in thought. Lousy pic though, was taken with a phone camera

black&tan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ReesesPBC

It's strange to see so many people letting their kitties up on the counter/sink. We usually tell her to get down, especially if we put dishes in the sink, she'll get up and try and get at them.
My girls know not to get on the table and dishes never stay on the counter or in the sink. With our first Siamese we started out teaching them not to get on the counter but all they learned was to jump and run when they saw us. We also tried the spray bottle and they ended up scared of anything that makes a spraying noise. My first Christmas I had a plate of cookies covered on the counter. I came in and found cookies on the floor and Emma with a powdered sugar mustache. She wasn't fooling me, after that we gave up. We never leave any type of food out on the counters. We have a cat safe house and they share it with us. For the most part they don't spend much time on the counters and will get down when asked.

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awe this thread is so cute! Squeekers never tries to drink from the faucets, but he always tries to drink from the toilet boil like a puppy *yuck*

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have a pic of Dushka drinking from the tap, which she does often, but here is one of Wellington playing with the water.

troublesome2

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
aww i love all these pictures!!
Alfie is obsessed with playing with the bath water and has fallen in a few times also he like to just likes to sit in the sink and also drink the water: