Vibes for 15 Captured Navy Personnel

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A British Navy boat was on patrol in Iraqi waters when they taken - the Iranians say they were in Iranian waters illegally - heres the story - this stuff really scares me, who wants all this lot kicking off when all the other stuff in Iraq is still wrangling on

Sending prayers that all are returned safe and sound and this doesnt turn nasty & escalate

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I've been following the story, too. Let's hope they're released as quickly as the last 3 were, or faster.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well things seem to be getting a bit more strained over this matter

Todays reports..........
The 15 British navy personnel detained in the Gulf have been transferred to Tehran to explain their "aggressive action," according to reports, efforts are continuing to secure the release of the 15 Royal Navy sailors and Royal Marines seized by Iranian patrol boats off the coast of Iraq.

debskats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I hadn't heard about this, but i've been away from the news for a couple of days. I hope all turns out well for those sailors.

My nephew is on a ship in the North Arabian Sea right now, so it all hits very close to home.

peachytoday

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My thoughts and prayers go out to the sailors and their families and everyone in the UK that are awaiting more news of this incident. May the sailors be released soon and safely.

Tricia

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So these poor people are still being kept
Theres so much news coverage now, about what could and what might happend
Its so worrying.
A British Minsiter is supposed to be going out to 'talk' to them in a bid to get this resolved on a diplomatic level.

More vibes for the families and the captured

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So things are getting more tense over this situation
they have 'paraded' the prisoners - cos that what they are now - on TV - they have shown a letter that the woman sailor Faye Turner has supposed to have written 'admitting that they strayed illegally into Iranian waters, which if so mean she & her colleagues can be tried for espionage. They said they would let Faye go today but now say it may be delayed or even withdrawn

Heres the latest

Do you think UK Prime Minster Tony Blair is talking to US President Bush

peachytoday

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been following this as well with concern. I keep those sailors in my thoughts and prayers and to everyone in the UK I send my best wishes. I am hoping for the Iranian to back down and release those sailors quickly and safely.

Tricia

claire1973

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Im following this at the mo

I think this is going to turn nasty!

we have breaking news at the mo which says

"Britain to pursue condemnation of Iran"

It also says iran have no plans to release the 15 sailors and now they are saying that they are not going to release the female sailor even though they said they would!!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I watched it this morning on t.v. and they had a body language expert on along with John Peters the RAF pilot who was captured when the Gulf war was on, and both of them said that she would have been told what to say and what to write.

She also had said that she would be back for her daughters birthday party and that she had a gift from the people ......yeah ok!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by mooficat

Do you think UK Prime Minster Tony Blair is talking to US President Bush
Yes. My husband and I were just discussing it this morning. No matter what happens, I would put money that the US will be right there to back up anything that the UK decides to do.

peachytoday

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

Yes. My husband and I were just discussing it this morning. No matter what happens, I would put money that the US will be right there to back up anything that the UK decides to do.
I agree with you. The UK has been one of our best friends and supporters for ages now. We should be front and center with them on this issue. I can't imagine we wouldn't be.

Tricai