How many cats --?

helga06

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Do you have right now?

What is the most number of cats you've ever had?

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have two girls - Sophie and Mollie. I have never had more than 3. I am thinking about another - a kitten.. My big decision is whether to adopt or buy a purebred.....

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have two right now, and that seems to be the perfect number with these particular cats. I could never handle Spike's high energy levels without Oz to keep him company all day, but at the same time, I wouldn't want to add another cat to the mix in case that cat didn't get along with Spike as well. (Oz gets along with everybody. Except gerbils.
)

Two is the most cats I've ever been personally responsible for, but at the house where we used to live at one point there were nine cats living there. It was a big house, so it never felt like you were smothered in kitties. There was always a cat in the room, though, regardless of where you were in the house. (I haven't gone to the bathroom alone in years ...)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

helga06

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have 8 cats right now and the most I've ever had is 20 at a time. I tend to pick up strays from the streets quiet often.
Is that bad?

Lol. Anyways, all of my cats are usually taken to the vet to be spayed and neutered, except for 3 of the new ones. Two of which got pregnant already!

Seven right now

The most I had at one time was 13

I am really wanting to add a kitty though......
I know what you mean. Most people think I have way too many cats at 8 right now but I still want more. I don't get tired of having cats and now that I have a "safehouse" I figure, why not add more? lol. The only thing is that I don't believe in purchasing cats or any other type of animal, so I need to wait until I bump into a stray on the street or in the store or something. That's how I've gotten all my cats!

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have 13 right now with 2 large dogs. The most I've had, if you include the feral colony that lived on my property was somewhere over 20, and that with 5 large dogs.

Helga - get your babies spayed!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

helga06

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

Helga - get your babies spayed!!
Yeah, I know. It's just that I'm sort of broke. The last time I took two cats of mine to the vet (they both had the flu), I ended up spending a bundle. now, I'm about to take my pregnant cat and her babies (when she delivers) back there. So, I'm getting poor real soon, but I was told that the vet may give me a discount on spaying and neutering my cats since they are strays...I'll check into that.

Oh, and the neighborhood cats are in heat right now and they stay for hours and hours in our backyard starring at our cats inside the safehouse. It's kind of funny.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have 7, most I had was 12 but only for a short amount of time.I rescue so they come and go frequently.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One right now. The most I have ever had is one (well on a perm basis, I have had four visiting at times).
I am a one cat person with dogs. One cat that thinks she is a dog living with multiple dogs.

wesley's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have one cat right now. He is our spoiled baby!

The most I have ever had at one time was 13! We had three grown cats and two had babies around the same time!

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Miagi and Tiger are the first cats I have ever had and I couldn't ask for better cats.
I am very blessed to have them in my life.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lnbandcats

I have two girls - Sophie and Mollie. I have never had more than 3. I am thinking about another - a kitten.. My big decision is whether to adopt or buy a purebred.....
I would adopt, purebred cats do end up at shelters.
We have a purebred persian right now that is at the shelter where I volunteer. he's such a sweetie.
good luck on your search!
you can go to http://www.petfinder.com and go to pet search and look in your area. It is kitten season now and I am sure you will find a purebred in a shelter or rescue.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just the two. They are my first ever cats, so that's the most I've ever had.

Nate said something the other night about wanting to get another kitten when Sonic is older because he really loves having a kitten around. I think he may have been drunk though, as that's not what he says when Sonic is clambering over his face at 3am

themanxcatlady

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
When I lived in the country with my parents I had around 20-30 cats/kittens. My parents Chows would run most of them off or do the terrible thing I dont like to mention.
I have 6 now but I have had 12 at one time (cats/kittens).