One Goopy Eye and a Puke here and A Puke there...

opiebopie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
All of us got a goopy eye, but was cured by medicine in a tube by our human. But not me!
Opie's eye has had discharge (yellow) and it looks watery, despite being medicated. I would take him to the vet, but i am broke. He doesn't go out and is fully vaccinated. My other cats are the same as far as being indoors and vaccinated. Some of my other cats had the goopy eye, but responded well to the medication. Plus, he hasn't been eating (only for a day) he puked a few times. He didn't even want to go out on the leash.
Any thoughts?

angie8

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think your best bet would be to see a vet.......I'm especially uncomfortable with the "not eating" part. When cats don't eat, it can sometimes present a whole new set of problems and you sure don't want to go there. Best of luck, I hope Opie starts feeling better!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

opiebopie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Opie ate some food and kept it down. I feel so terrible about being broke, but I made the appointment anyway. Opie is my world. He looked out the window and had his daily meow fest. Which I was quite happy to see: i.e... normal behavior for him.

angie8

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It sounds like he might be feeling a little better! I'm glad you were able to make the appt--then you can ease your mind. He is a handsome guy!

Originally Posted by OpieBopie

Opie ate some food and kept it down. I feel so terrible about being broke, but I made the appointment anyway. Opie is my world. He looked out the window and had his daily meow fest. Which I was quite happy to see: i.e... normal behavior for him.

opiebopie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We go at 11am. I only care about him getting treated. They will get their money. He is looking perkier now.
Here is the latest cell phone picture of Opie

opiebopie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Opie will be fine. He is eating and resuming his usual routine but on a slower pace then usual. His eye is improving with a new medicine. Thanks for the posts!

opiebopie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Opie Update! Well, Opie got sick again. SO, I brought him back to the vet and he was CONSTIPATED! Poor baby! I am happy to report that he is on a diet and back to normal!