????

faith09tp

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have a question, I'm probably just being paranoid, but I really want the little guy to survive.... lol

Ok, in my post titled "should i bottle feed one of the kittens?" I talked a little bit about the small kitten. Well they'll be a week old tomorrow and it still hasn't lost his umbilical cord or even started to open his eyes, while the other one has done both days ago. Today I noticed vomit maybe(?) in their box, it was just a pile of white stuff. and right now the little guy was sneezing A LOT! he is very loud, cries a lot. Do u think I have anything to worry about?

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Faith09tp

I have a question, I'm probably just being paranoid, but I really want the little guy to survive.... lol

Ok, in my post titled "should i bottle feed one of the kittens?" I talked a little bit about the small kitten. Well they'll be a week old tomorrow and it still hasn't lost his umbilical cord or even started to open his eyes, while the other one has done both days ago. Today I noticed vomit maybe(?) in their box, it was just a pile of white stuff. and right now the little guy was sneezing A LOT! he is very loud, cries a lot. Do u think I have anything to worry about?
OK, tell me this:

Does the little one's skin stretch tightly over a little firm round belly or are there little wrinkles and folds of skin?

What does Momma do when the kitten cries loudly? Does she respond or does she ignore her?

The sneezing ... is it like a sudden little "SNIFF" or is it more like panting/hissy/spitting?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

faith09tp

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gayef

OK, tell me this:

Does the little one's skin stretch tightly over a little firm round belly or are there little wrinkles and folds of skin?

What does Momma do when the kitten cries loudly? Does she respond or does she ignore her?

The sneezing ... is it like a sudden little "SNIFF" or is it more like panting/hissy/spitting?
I just checked her right now(I'm guessing it's a girl too) there's a little bit of wrinkles and folds, not many, her belly is round, but the skin isn't very firm.

Momma responds to her right away, kind of just starts licking her till she stops crying.

it wasn't just a sniff, it was like hissing and spitting

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Faith09tp

I just checked her right now(I'm guessing it's a girl too) there's a little bit of wrinkles and folds, not many, her belly is round, but the skin isn't very firm.

Momma responds to her right away, kind of just starts licking her till she stops crying.

it wasn't just a sniff, it was like hissing and spitting
OK, all of that sounds pretty normal. The skin shouldn't be taut, but it should stretch nicely across a little round belly. The belly itself should be sort of firm ... but not hard.

If Momma responds to her and licks her to quiet her, then all is ok there.

What you may be seeing is kitten's little way of telling you she doesn't know your smell (kittens are both blind and deaf for a week to 10 days after birth) and is actually hissing/spitting at you. It tickles me when they do that.

faith09tp

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
oh, ok, cool. yeah i try not to handle them too much. i just wanna make sure they're ok, especially the little one because she seems to be so much behind compared to the other one. I know she'll be fine though. Thank you so much!

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Try petting mom while they feed your smell will be on her.. I love when they start to do the hiss it is so cute

faith09tp

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
lol, yeah it was pretty cute! Kind of freaked me out at first, lol. But she's an adorable kitten, she's gonna be a spoiled one though, lol, I can tell already, lol.

faith09tp

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She's doing alright. She lost her umbilical cord last night, finally! lol and she's showing signs of starting to open her eyes. I heard this weird noise last night coming from the box and it was her, snoring I guess, lol. She's doing great though. From now on I'll try not to get so paranoid.
lol

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Be paranoid that is what we are all here for
Besides that it passes my time away LOL.

Snoring LOL that wpould of made a great video
so cute.

faith09tp

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
lol yeah it was pretty cute, she's gonna be a cutie when she gets bigger, she has the same markings as her momma pretty much, lol. I have a feeling she's gonna be a lot like her. I hope so, because Misty is the sweetest cat ever! lol

And then the boy, well he's big! lol he's a fatty! really cute because he's starting to roll everywhere. lol

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Runtz was that the Runt of the litter and was ugly but very loved then one day she just bloomed and now looks just like her mom BEAUTIFUL

I think it is cute when they look like there parent.

faith09tp

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
yeah, it's very cute! I still need to come up with names for them, lol. I think i might wait til they get a little older and I can see a little bit more of their personalities, then maybe it'll be easier to come up with names, u know?

But if she looks like misty, i should come up with a name sililar to misty, or at least one that goes with misty, lol.