IE 7 Question?

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I downloaded IE 7. In this link said that I'd get tabbed browsing. Yeah, I don't have tabs. I need tabs, I want tabs, I live for tabs!
Any ideas on how to get my tabs?

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Up on the top of your screen, should be a tab that says: TheCatsite.com Forums... then next to it should be a blank tab. If you just click on that, it'll bring up a blank screen for you to open a new one. Do you have that?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have no tabs at all. I was using FireFox for awhile, but it wouldn't let me download assignments correctly & I actually missed a due date because of it. But now I don't have my tabs. ...sigh....

I see the File Menu, "search the web", "address(TCS)", then a bunch of stupid links to like weather, news, free credit score, ringtones, etc.

chrissyr

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

I have no tabs at all. I was using FireFox for awhile, but it wouldn't let me download assignments correctly & I actually missed a due date because of it. But now I don't have my tabs. ...sigh....

I see the File Menu, "search the web", "address(TCS)", then a bunch of stupid links to like weather, news, free credit score, ringtones, etc.
Hope this helps?

Here is what IE 7 looks like. (With 2 tabs open)

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That is soooo not what my IE looks like! Grrr...

I'm thinking I might download it again to see what happens....

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Try re-installing it direct from Microsoft. This is the link if you have XP SP2.

You can also go to Windows Update and download a copy. When you do reinstall choose "ReInstall" rather than repair. Repair will only work with what you currently have.

Also, you're a brave soul for downloading IE7. I did and hated it. The program would freeze way too often for my liking.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by arie85

Why don't you use Firefox instead?
FireFox isn't letting me download homeowrk assignments properly. I mean, I submitted a homework assignment & everything I had done wasn't there, so I got no credit for it.

I re-downloaded IE 7 last night. I just now tried it & I have the tabs on there. I don't know what I did wrong before.