In Pain :(

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know what is wrong with me tonight but I have this sharp intense pain my should and into my upper back on my right side. It's also radiating alittle bit to the front a bit as well and I can feel a slight twinge in my fingers.

I'm fairly certain it's CTS related, as they've said that I have some posture/shoulder/back issues I have to work (disability related), but it doesn't make it less painful. I took Tylenol Extra Strength but so far nothing.

I wonder if I still have Percocets left

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mind if I ask what CTS is? You might want to get your gallbladder checked, if it doesn't go away, or goes away and comes back.
So sorry you are in pain

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsallover

Mind if I ask what CTS is? You might want to get your gallbladder checked, if it doesn't go away, or goes away and comes back.
So sorry you are in pain
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. I've had problems with it since November, and had two surgeries in January.

I'm feeling a tiny bit better now I think, but it seems to come and go tonight. It's something that I'll get every few months and I do think it's related to the other problems I'm having now.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Was it after you slept funny?

My mum had the same thing, pain along her neck shoulder and arm and weakness/tingling in her hand, it was a bony growth (not a tumour) that was pinching a nerve between two of her vertebrae. It eventually went away by itself but at one point they thought she needed an operation. Kinda scary.

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dragoriana

Was it after you slept funny?

My mum had the same thing, pain along her neck shoulder and arm and weakness/tingling in her hand, it was a bony growth (not a tumour) that was pinching a nerve between two of her vertebrae. It eventually went away by itself but at one point they thought she needed an operation. Kinda scary.
No it just happened randomly while I was on the couch. I actually had another episode the other day when I was in the shower. That was the first in a real long time.

I have OT again tomorrow, I'll mention it then. I'm just tired of various pains lately.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
I feel for anyone who has to deal with various syndromes. I'm 23 and i know im going to get early arthritis in my hip, and i dont know how ill deal with it when it happens. I get too many sore bits for a young person lol.

I hope tomorrow goes well.

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I feel for anyone who has to deal with various syndromes. I'm 23 and i know im going to get early arthritis in my hip, and i dont know how ill deal with it when it happens. I get too many sore bits for a young person lol.

I'm only 26 and I have days where I feel like I'm 80

But all things considered, with the health issues I've been through, things could be alot worse, like me not being here at all, so I take it in stride.

artharitis

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have arthritis at 20 (hence my spin off nickname) due to a bad accident I was in. I also have CTS. I find percocet and vicodin work the best for it. They are perscribed to me for chronic pain. I hope you feel better!!!!!

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ReesesPBC

I took Tylenol Extra Strength but so far nothing.
Isn't Tylenol acetaminophen? You might get more relief out of ibuprofen or naproxen sodium (aleve).
When DH had to have his wisdom teeth taken out they gave him combunox (opioid + large dose of ibuprofen). He said they worked really well for pain, but that isn't something you can take too often. If the pain is chronic a good doctor will not prescribe opioids because they are addicting.

I'm 23 and i know im going to get early arthritis in my hip, and i dont know how ill deal with it when it happens. I get too many sore bits for a young person lol..
If you're feeling pain regularly the arthritis is probably already starting.
I hear you though, I'm only 23 too.

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by artharitis

I have arthritis at 20 (hence my spin off nickname) due to a bad accident I was in. I also have CTS. I find percocet and vicodin work the best for it. They are perscribed to me for chronic pain. I hope you feel better!!!!!
Thanks

Yeah I've got some Percs left from my CTS surgeries but they really make me feel lousy. Haven't taken one yet, I'm getting there little by little.

Interesting with the name, I just thought you spelled it wrong and didn't realize it *lol*

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

Isn't Tylenol acetaminophen? You might get more relief out of ibuprofen or naproxen sodium (aleve).
When DH had to have his wisdom teeth taken out they gave him combunox (opioid + large dose of ibuprofen). He said they worked really well for pain, but that isn't something you can take too often. If the pain is chronic a good doctor will not prescribe opioids because they are addicting.

If you're feeling pain regularly the arthritis is probably already starting.
I hear you though, I'm only 23 too.
We should start a club. 20 Something & Deteriorating

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feel for you I have CTS and have scholiosis in my lower back and it hurts at times plus I broke my ankle a couple of years ago and started walking on it wayyyyy too early because I couldn't get the hang of crutches and now it hurts once in a while mostly when the weather changes. And doesn't help that I work in a nursing home and do alot of lifting and such as that.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ReesesPBC

We should start a club. 20 Something & Deteriorating

I have a feeling there's more of us than doctors want to admit to.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope you feel better soon. Do you have a brace to wear at night. DH has one (he didn't have surgery) & when his acts up he sleeps with it.

Oh and maybe you should take a break from posting.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You play drums, have you had them check you for tendonitis?
This is what ended my drum playing at 28.
I tried to muddle through with alloy sticks, less shock, but it only got worse.
Seriously, mention it to your doctor.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
May I recommend some arnica montana ... and stop pain( this is a spray)... I have multiple issues and these help take the edge off...

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Arlyn

You play drums, have you had them check you for tendonitis?
This is what ended my drum playing at 28.
I tried to muddle through with alloy sticks, less shock, but it only got worse.
Seriously, mention it to your doctor.
I don't have it. I've been through all the tests and everything and all I have is CTS with some possible elbow trouble. I've had 2 Carpal Release surgeries, one on each hand.

Drumming oddly enough doesn't bother me, if anything, I think it helps alittle bit.

I used to have a brace because my shoulders were slumped forward too much. I stopped wearing that maybe 12 years ago.

The pain is almost gone now. I still think it's connected to the CTS and my shoulder/back posture problems, but like I said I'll mention it tomorrow. Because it doesn't happen often, I'm not too concerned with it. Before the time earlier this week I'd say I have a problem with it once every few months. I even remember having it as a kid. I used to think it was growing pains, but I'm obviously done growing so that aint it..

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Aw.
I'm sorry you're going to get arthritis in you hip. Did you injure it? I am at this point looking at a hip replacement/resurfacing, (oh, and I'm "old" at 44, but have had problems for about 9 years.) and if you want I'll let you know how it goes. Frankly, I'm so relieved to be getting it I cried!

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DH developed carpal tunnel from bass playing. He had to give up the band and everything. He will play now and then esp when there is nothing on tv.

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry to hear about all this...not only with you Reeses but everyone who is soooo young here and having so many problems already. I thought I was in bad shape...but I'm almost 50 so I guess I'm not that bad off after all.

Y'all take care now and feel better soon...

Hilda>^..^<