I Told My Son Today...

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
...I said 'son, you need to get a job....I love you and I'm telling you this for your own good...you need to get a job quickly.'...

...he said 'I know I do, but why quickly?'...

...I said 'son, you're starting to sound like a crazy cat woman!'...

My son playing with Mia through the breakfast room window...

...he said 'what do you mean?'...

...I said 'this last week, there have been a few times I've heard you talking and I ask you 'what'?, and you say 'nothing, I was talking to the cat'---'now y'all have always made fun of me because I say that all the time, well its happening to you too son...and you need to get a job before it takes over!'...

...he laughed...

...I heard him talking to the cat again...I'm worried...

My son & his buddy, Mia...

Hilda>^..^<

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks, yeah I'm not discouraging him from being a cat lover that's for sure...the more cat-loving men there are in this world, the better place it'll be for all of us!...just trying to 'gently' encourage him to find another job!

Lord willing, he'll be 20 in April!

Hilda>^..^<

arcadian girl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Hilda>^..^<

...I said 'son, you need to get a job....I love you and I'm telling you this for your own good...you need to get a job quickly.'...

...he said 'I know I do, but why quickly?'...

...I said 'son, you're starting to sound like a crazy cat woman!'...

My son playing with Mia through the breakfast room window...

...he said 'what do you mean?'...

...I said 'this last week, there have been a few times I've heard you talking and I ask you 'what'?, and you say 'nothing, I was talking to the cat'---'now y'all have always made fun of me because I say that all the time, well its happening to you too son...and you need to get a job before it takes over!'...

...he laughed...

...I heard him talking to the cat again...I'm worried...

My son & his buddy, Mia...

Hilda>^..^<
That's a beautiful picture

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank y'all! I appreciate it! Yep, he's a cutsie I think...and a really good hearted person.

His hair is kinda pouffy in that pic though...here's one where he's got it all wet and combed back...

Awww, my handsome sweetie pie!

Hilda>^..^<

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by arcadian girl

His hair is fabulous.. I'm jealous
LOL me too

And well, I've seen your pics Hilda, he comes by his looks, and fabulous hair, naturally

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by arcadian girl

His hair is fabulous.. I'm jealous
UH YEA!!!!

He's very good looking! I'm sending him good luck vibes to find a job!

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you y'all are too sweet
I'm just glad he didn't get my height...or lack of it!!! I'm 5'1''...he's over 6' already and still growing...thank goodness!

Thanks for the vibes y'all...he's been unemployed for almost 2 months now...needs to get back out there!

Hilda>^..^<

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well since i have been looking for some jobs in texas for about 4 months , they dont seem to be easy to find there.

heh, however tell him, life is much better with your own money.

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending "get a job" vibes. He is very handsome AND he loves cats - there is a very lucky young woman out there somewhere!

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not only that...he plays acoustic & electric guitar...composes his own music but can play by ear Clapton, Santana, G&R for starters. He also refinishes furniture, upholsters furniture...he draws in charcoal...he's wonderful with his hands...I don't think there's anything he can't do! He's great in the kitchen as well...usually swaggers in there while I'm cooking, grabs the spoon, takes a taste and adds whatever he thinks it needs...oh yeah...he knows his way around the kitchen for sure! See, I homeschooled him since he was in 9th grade, so he got to spend lots & lots of time with me...learned more than just ABC's. He also makes some really respectful mashed potatoes! My daughter puts it like this: 'mom, your mashed potatoes are great...but when Alex makes them, there aren't any leftovers!!!'.....

Fixin' last night's mashed potatoes...

Hilda>^..^<

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's got plenty who are interested...but he's looking for someone very special.

Hilda>^..^<

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, my oldest niece is 14 - darn! I mentor a young woman in SD - she's 19 and special
He ever had a hankerin to visit the Black Hills?

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your son is wonderful! You are obviously an amazing mom. I left home the day after I graduated high school and never looked back. To me, it says a lot that your kids want to stick around!

OMG I love his hair. My husband had long, thick, wavy hair when I married him. Women used to swoon over his hair!

You son's a cutie; no doubt someday you are going to have some beautiful grandbabies!

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the offer in SD Bonnie...the Black Hills sound wonderful...I'll let him know!

Funny you should mention grandbabies SwampWitch...I had a dream a couple of years ago...it was very brief, very colourful and very beautiful. My son was in a sitting position wearing what appeared to be pink hospital scrubs, holding a newborn in his arms. The baby had a headful dark, dark hair like his. I was standing behind him, looking over his shoulder and I said ''she's beautiful Alex''...and that was it. So I know in my heart that he'll have a daughter someday.

Another thing I forgot to mention aside from his refinishing furniture (I know I'll stop talking about him at some point y'all...
). Since he loves guitars, he bought one at a pawn shop and another from a friend a while ago...he didn't like that colours of either one of them so he decided he'd try & refinish them. He was able to take off the factory finish of each one and redid them both. The one I love the best is the one he got from his friend. Its a Fender with a bright red body and a white 'face' (I know its called something else but I can't remember right now what the proper term is.) Anyway, he didn't care for the red so he stripped off layers & layers of factory finish. When he was done with that, he sanded it smooth. He gave it a dark walnut stain and a high gloss finish. He put a black 'face' on it and restrung it with new, better strings. OMGoodness!!! it is a thing of beauty! I'll try and take a pic of it sometime to show y'all...I don't have a pic of it when it was red but its a very basic red Fender colour. Anyway...its gorgeous and sounds great!

Hilda>^..^<