Are you still feeding wet food at all???

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In light of the recent developments, I was wondering if any of you have stopped feeding wet food all together until all information is out in the open. Madden has always eaten Meow Mix pouches as his wet treat, (the only kind he'll eat) which so far show no concern but he hasn't gotten any since the recall regardless. I feel bad, and I know the ones I have are probably safe, but I don't want to risk anything. How many of you have dropped the wet food completely??

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am, but my cats are picky wet food eaters, that, as it turns out know better than me.
They'll only touch Friskies loaf style, so theirs was never affected.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since I have a cat that had an underweight problem and hair loss problem recently, Yes I am still feeding wet food. He gets dry too. I haven't changed the amounts either. Since I heard directly from Natura, I'm not concerned about the Evo I'm feeding anymore.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm feeding my boys their Meow Mix wet, 2 times a day just like always- it hasn't been recalled or anything, but I'm not feeding them the one with the wheat gluten in it, just to be safe. They weren't fond of that flavor anyways, so it doesn't bother them.

jean44

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm still feeding wet, Natural Balance, Avoderm, Evo and Innova. I've dropped Wellness due to the relationship with Menu Foods.

sphynxmommy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My babies actually had the recalled food as there daily wet portion. Thank god no problems so far. I suspended with that. And I will serve NOTHING from Menu Foods at all. Even if it wasnt recalled. As far as I am concerned, if they cant give a firm reason why, then its all unsafe. Would you eat at Taco Bell if they said we "think" its the lettuce. No one would go in and say I will have a taco just hold the lettuce. KWIM? So we are giving them Friskies now. And praying it works out ok. They also have tried the Whiskas Filet Mignon and they are mad for it. So that might be a keeper

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Abby is still getting her Meow Mix "snack", but not the flavors with wheat gluten.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
am only using NOT associated with Menu foods and have greatly increased the homemade till this is sorted out ...

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to. Spyder won't eat dry food at all and only a few select kinds of wet food, which fortunately aren't on the recalled list.

hyacinthbucket

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes, I am still feeding my kitties their wet food (Merrick).

After reading Jean44's post in this thread, I am going to investigate the Wellness canned food though (I have lots of cans of this at home - interestingly, neither of my kitties like it. We were planning on donating it).

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Still feeding Sebastian the Meow Mix pouches, just cut out those with wheat gluten. Tried Merricks on the new baby and she loves it!

artharitis

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
No wet food for my boys from any companies, this recall shook me up a bit too much, I'm preparing wet-style food at home.

greycat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine are still getting their wet food. The brands they like weren't (As of yet) part of the recall. They love their Meow Mix and FF (though not the best brands but as long as they eat some wet is better than nothing.)

debskats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes, I'm still feeding wet. Bailey just had surgery in February and was diagnosed with IBD and had just started a food trial of Royal Canin rabbit and green pea canned so I really don't want to take him off of it, and since it's Royal Canin I'm not too worried.

Chloe also has pretty severe IBD and has been eating Authority lamb & rice and doing really well. The lamb & rice she's been on isn't on the recall list, it's regular canned, not chunks and gravy, and there's no wheat gluten in it, so I'd continued to feed it to her along with some of the Royal Canin rabbit. The longer this goes on though, the less comfortable I am giving it to her, so today I switched her over completely to Royal Canin. I'm ashamed to admit I kept her on the Authority as long as I did.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am feeding the special kitty salmon loaf and I checked it does not contain wheat gluten.
they won't touch the chunks with gravy so that's good and I made sure they were all loafs and not the cuts with gravy. however, I will not feed my dogs canned, they get bad dirrahea if they eat canned food.
oh and I am not feeding canned food to the kitties as often as before.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hey, um, is there a list or a site or something that has ALL the food associated with Menu, not just the recalled ones? I would be interested to know if there are any more that I have because I don't even want to feed it to my cats.

chrissyr

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We still feed wet Friskeys and the loaf special kitty in the cans. We can't afford to change everyone over to something else.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jen

hey, um, is there a list or a site or something that has ALL the food associated with Menu, not just the recalled ones? I would be interested to know if there are any more that I have because I don't even want to feed it to my cats.
Jen
i put up a thread ... wet food s not made by Menu