TV: Does anyone watch Supernatural?

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My wife and I are addicted to Supernatural on the CW Network, on Thursdays @ 9. We seem to be the only ones who watch it though

cinder

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We seem to be the only ones who watch it though
Nope, me and DH watch it all the time. I really like Sam and Dean!

I think there's something about the car that always cracks up DH. I could be wrong about this, but I think he said it's an automatic and they always sound like they're going through the gears. (or maybe because it's been put back together so many times!)

I really liked the shapeshifter ep that was on a few weeks ago, and last weeks about the girl who ran out in front of them on the road. I hope they find a way to get their dad back in some of the eps, I liked him too. Yeah, I know, but it's possible!

It comes on right after Smallville, which is also one of DH's favorites. I can take or leave that one, except for Lex.

What is it about?
As the name implies, it's about supernatural stuff...two brothers, Dean and Sam, tracking down and dispatching demons, vampires, ghosts, all that good stuff. There's a whole back story about their dad and how they got started. The relationship between the brothers is interesting.

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have the first season on DVD, but I haven't been able to watch any of Season 2.
Both of the main actors (Jensen Ackles and Jared Padeleski sp?) are Texans.
They'll do creepy things in this show that the scary movies won't try...but overall, I like it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Cinder

Nope, me and DH watch it all the time. I really like Sam and Dean!

I think there's something about the car that always cracks up DH. I could be wrong about this, but I think he said it's an automatic and they always sound like they're going through the gears. (or maybe because it's been put back together so many times!)

I really liked the shapeshifter ep that was on a few weeks ago, and last weeks about the girl who ran out in front of them on the road. I hope they find a way to get their dad back in some of the eps, I liked him too. Yeah, I know, but it's possible!

It comes on right after Smallville, which is also one of DH's favorites. I can take or leave that one, except for Lex.

As the name implies, it's about supernatural stuff...two brothers, Dean and Sam, tracking down and dispatching demons, vampires, ghosts, all that good stuff. There's a whole back story about their dad and how they got started. The relationship between the brothers is interesting.
Did you watch tonight's episode? I really didn't like how it ended. It was alot different than usual.

cinder

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm in Oregon so it's not on for another hour and a half, but I am gonna watch. I'll let you know what I think.

If I remember right this one is about a werewolf.

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How did it end? Honestly, I watched the first half, changed it during a commercial break, and never remembered to change it back.
I guess I wasn't all that impressed. It reminds me of Buffy in a small way, and it was good and all, just not my thing. Medium and Raines (a very new show... very clever... I hope it stays on) are more my thing, although I usually like dark, gory scary stuff.

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Godiva

How did it end? Honestly, I watched the first half, changed it during a commercial break, and never remembered to change it back.
I guess I wasn't all that impressed. It reminds me of Buffy in a small way, and it was good and all, just not my thing. Medium and Raines (a very new show... very clever... I hope it stays on) are more my thing, although I usually like dark, gory scary stuff.
I can't say until Cinder watches it

cinder

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well, that was

Their relationship just didn't work at all for me.

I thought we might find out that she actually turned the neighbor, instead of the other way around. And I also wondered if the exboyfriend suspected her secret, or if he was just lurking around cause he was a weirdo.

The ending was different in that it seemed somewhat out of character for them. Dean's comment..."We could lock you up at night, but sooner or later you'll get out and kill somebody" just sounded goofy. If Sam really had feelings for this woman he NEVER would have killed her. They would have locked her up and searched for a cure. Afterall, isn't that kind of what they're doing for him? And if she couldn't claw her way out of a bathroom, I figure they could have found a secure place to keep her.

I don't know how much you saw Godiva, but the girl (whose name I have already forgotten) after finding out that she was a werewolf, and being told there was no cure, asked Sam to shoot her. So he did. (after blubbering about it) Dean was gonna shoot her anyway, I think.

The will have to do much better than this.

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Well, that was

Their relationship just didn't work at all for me.

I thought we might find out that she actually turned the neighbor, instead of the other way around. And I also wondered if the exboyfriend suspected her secret, or if he was just lurking around cause he was a weirdo.

The ending was different in that it seemed somewhat out of character for them. Dean's comment..."We could lock you up at night, but sooner or later you'll get out and kill somebody" just sounded goofy. If Sam really had feelings for this woman he NEVER would have killed her. They would have locked her up and searched for a cure. Afterall, isn't that kind of what they're doing for him? And if she couldn't claw her way out of a bathroom, I figure they could have found a secure place to keep her.

I don't know how much you saw Godiva, but the girl (whose name I have already forgotten) after finding out that she was a werewolf, and being told there was no cure, asked Sam to shoot her. So he did. (after blubbering about it) Dean was gonna shoot her anyway, I think.

The will have to do much better than this.
I guess they just didn't want to take that risk that she may get out and hurt someone else.

Sounds like you were more unhappy with it than I was

I just wish Sam could find a girl but it seems like when he does, he either has to leave, doesn't want to involve her in what they do, she's posessed, or she's a warewolf.

Talk about having bad luck with the ladies

cinder

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Sounds like you were more unhappy with it than I was
DH didn't like it as well as some of the other episodes either. Most of them I really like, but I just didn't buy into the relationship in this one. I wasn't overly fond of, or sympathetic to her, so in the end...the bullet worked for me.

Talk about having bad luck with the ladies
Yup, it just doesn't get any worse than having them go up in flames on the ceiling.

The next new episode looks like its going to be funny.

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

DH didn't like it as well as some of the other episodes either. Most of them I really like, but I just didn't buy into the relationship in this one. I wasn't overly fond of, or sympathetic to her, so in the end...the bullet worked for me.

Yup, it just doesn't get any worse than having them go up in flames on the ceiling.

The next new episode looks like its going to be funny.
Oh yeah I forgot about the girlfriend he originally lost.

middletown

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yeah me and my wife love it.
It got kinda rushed IMO at the end of last season. I thought they should have kept the father out of it a bit longer.

Did the new season start?
If so i missed it : (

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Middletown

Yeah me and my wife love it.
It got kinda rushed IMO at the end of last season. I thought they should have kept the father out of it a bit longer.

Did the new season start?
If so i missed it : (
Yeah it started around November I think.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We watch it but we also watch Scrubs so we tape it. I stoped reading when I saw stuff about last nigths episode. We also missed one of the big ones where "Born under a bad sign" where Sam's evil sied supposeedly come out. Fortunately I just doscovered I can watch it online! Woohoo!

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love love love Supernatural! It's such a cool premise, tackling all of the different ghost stories we've grown up with. I'm just waiting for them to do something with bigfoot or el chupacabra! Unfortunately, it's on the same time as Grey's, so I end up taping Supernatural and watching it the next morning as I get ready for work. I'm halfway through last night's episode- so far, so good!