I feel like I've been run over by a truck!!

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so miserable!! I've had a sore throat, stuffy nose, cough and headache all week long, but yesterday and today have been the worst! I'm so sleepy I can't stand it, but I can't sleep b/c I'm so miserable! I think its a cold, but Mom says she thinks its allergies....but I didn't think that you coughed up green stuff (sorry if TMI
) with allergies?
I don't know what it is but I wish it would go away!!

Its finally warm and pretty outside and I can't even enjoy it because I feel like crap!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks you guys!

Originally Posted by ReesesPBC

Aw well I hope you feel better. Are you at home or at work? Sign off and take some Nyquil
I'm at home.
You sound like my husband, he swears NyQuil is the holy grail of cold medicines.
I wish I could take some, but I have a bad gag reflex for liquid meds. I got some I was allergic to once (that I threw up exactly 15 mins after I swallowed it) and now my body just rejects any cough syrup. I took some of the capsules last night, and while I finally got some rest, they don't seem to do anything for the symptoms.

Thanks for the well wishes...hopefully it will pass soon.

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by maddensmom

Thanks you guys!

I'm at home.
You sound like my husband, he swears NyQuil is the holy grail of cold medicines.
I wish I could take some, but I have a bad gag reflex for liquid meds. I got some I was allergic to once (that I threw up exactly 15 mins after I swallowed it) and now my body just rejects any cough syrup. I took some of the capsules last night, and while I finally got some rest, they don't seem to do anything for the symptoms.

Thanks for the well wishes...hopefully it will pass soon.
Have you tried the Nyquil GelCaps? I usually take those. I love alcohol but I try and stay away from the 200 proof stuff

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Have you tried the Nyquil GelCaps? I usually take those. I love alcohol but I try and stay away from the 200 proof stuff
Yeah the gelcaps are what I took last night, they helped me rest thats for sure. I may have Josh bring home the Dayquil kind this afternoon so I don't pass out for the rest of the day!

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Yeah the gelcaps are what I took last night, they helped me rest thats for sure. I may have Josh bring home the Dayquil kind this afternoon so I don't pass out for the rest of the day!
Bleck, Dayquil is no better tasting than the Nyquil

One of my favorite quotes is from comedian Lewis Black

"Nyquil is 150 proof. It's the moonshine of medicine. It comes in two colors, Red & Green, and they're the only things on the planet that taste like Red & Green"

and in addition

"They remind me of Christmas...and let me tell you, they make a dandy Egg Nog. Oh people complained that they didn't like the taste, but after a few hours we had a sleep over"

kittiesx2

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sounds like we've got the same thing
I'm miserable. Stuffy nose, headache, sore throat, hacking cough. REALLY sleepy and foggy but can't sleep. I have two 2 year olds to take care of so I don't have much choice but to be okay

I hope that we both feel better soon

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Bleck, Dayquil is no better tasting than the Nyquil

One of my favorite quotes is from comedian Lewis Black

"Nyquil is 150 proof. It's the moonshine of medicine. It comes in two colors, Red & Green, and they're the only things on the planet that taste like Red & Green"

and in addition

"They remind me of Christmas...and let me tell you, they make a dandy Egg Nog. Oh people complained that they didn't like the taste, but after a few hours we had a sleep over"
Those are great!
I'll pass those along to my husband!
I affectionately call his NyQuil "Green Death".

I'll definitely have him pick up some gel caps, hopefully they'll give me some relief!

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cough medicine is 90 proof peppermint schnapps.
About 3 tablespoons of that before bed will coat your throat and help you get to sleep, which of course is what you need most.

Hope you're feeling better soon.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I am so miserable!! I've had a sore throat, stuffy nose, cough and headache all week long, but yesterday and today have been the worst! I'm so sleepy I can't stand it, but I can't sleep b/c I'm so miserable! I think its a cold, but Mom says she thinks its allergies....but I didn't think that you coughed up green stuff (sorry if TMI
) with allergies?
I don't know what it is but I wish it would go away!!

Its finally warm and pretty outside and I can't even enjoy it because I feel like crap!!
Aww! I hope you feel better Keysha

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, I hope you feel better soon! We're all getting the sniffles here too, its no fun

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know exactly how you feel - I felt the same way last week! Mine was all allergies - you might have allergies and a sinus infection, which is where the nasty green stuff is coming from. If you can take decongestants (something with the medicines pseudoephedrine preferably, or phenylephrine) that should help your congestion and headaches, I'll bet. Something like Claritin D, or any allergy medicine D, would be good, as well as something that's an expectorant (with guafenisin - Mucinex D has this) will help a lot too. Those did the trick for me.

Anyways, I hope you feel better soon, I know its terrible!

sprocket

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
To help clear your sinuses, consider using a Neti Pot They work fantastic.

To help clear your lungs, invest in a cool mist humidifier, and have it going in the room you are currently occupying. This is what they use in hospitals for very severe lung congestion, except they put you in a special tent, that keeps the space cool and moist.

If you can find any type of flu preperation that has berry extracts (elderberry, blueberry) in it, that will really help you get over this.

Without knowing your blood type, I can't make any more recommendations than that.

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for all of the advice Sandtigress and Sprocket!!