Why is it that..

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Whenever I'm on the computer, no matter if Jen is home or not, Reeses has to drag her fishing pole toy in here and stare at me until I play with her. If I'm busy and I ignore her, she lets out these small cry like meows. Eventually she gets irritated, gives me an F.U. "Rrrr" sound and leaves the room. But she comes back 15 minutes later...and even if I play with her for 10-15 minutes, a half hour later she's back!

If I was in the living room watching tv or doing something else in another room she wouldn't care! That's what gets me! Like I said my wife can be watching TV, totally free to play with her, but if I'm on here trying to do stuff, she comes and bugs me to play...and she never bugs Jen when she's on the computer *lol*

....oh wait I'm sorry...none of this happened, I forgot, Reeses is on the run

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's funny!
I can totally relate since I'm sitting here and I've had Rocket and Neffie come in and drop red string at my feet meowing at me to get me to play with them.
Gotta love those cats! (Even the ones on the run!)

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm always on the computer so I can relate.

They don't drag their toys out...but all 4 will crowd around me and stare at me. Sometimes they cry...sometimes they just stare. Once they start pouncing each other that's when I know its time to quit.

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's just like a kid, you know they are quiet till their mom is on the phone then they are acting up and need their mother immediately
My sis's kids do this all the time. Cats are like kids!!

snuzy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ReesesPBC

Whenever I'm on the computer, no matter if Jen is home or not, Reeses has to drag her fishing pole toy in here and stare at me until I play with her. If I'm busy and I ignore her, she lets out these small cry like meows. Eventually she gets irritated, gives me an F.U. "Rrrr" sound and leaves the room. But she comes back 15 minutes later...and even if I play with her for 10-15 minutes, a half hour later she's back!

If I was in the living room watching tv or doing something else in another room she wouldn't care! That's what gets me! Like I said my wife can be watching TV, totally free to play with her, but if I'm on here trying to do stuff, she comes and bugs me to play...and she never bugs Jen when she's on the computer *lol*

....oh wait I'm sorry...none of this happened, I forgot, Reeses is on the run
That is so sweet. She loves you and wants to play with her daddy.

(I think you should video tape that. It would be really cute.)

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kitty intuition. They have this uncanny ability to bug us (though it never really does bug us, does it?
) at our busiest!

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rob, don't you know that if you're home there's absolutely no excuse for you not to play with her on demand? That IS your primary function in life as a human...to serve your cat. If you're there you'd better be paying attention to her.

And the only acceptable excuse for NOT being there to serve her is because you're out somewhere buying her the food and toys and treats to keep her in they style she's become accustomed or earning the money to do so.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tari

Rob, don't you know that if you're home there's absolutely no excuse for you not to play with her on demand? That IS your primary function in life as a human...to serve your cat. If you're there you'd better be paying attention to her.

And the only acceptable excuse for NOT being there to serve her is because you're out somewhere buying her the food and toys and treats to keep her in they style she's become accustomed or earning the money to do so.

You know I've had her since November and I overlooked that point.

I've been doing it wrong this whole time