Don't you just love (or hate) to watch...

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
...when your furkids are cleaning themselves?

My MOST favorite to watch is when they are cleaning off their front paws, with the paw curled inward toward their faces. I just love the look of concentration as they go between their toes, and the way their paws look curled up like that!

OK, I'm weird, I admit it.

My LEAST favorite to watch is when they've messed themselves and are cleaning THAT area.

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Yeah, thats cute! Also when they sit in a chair like a person and try to clean their tummys with their back legs sticking out each side.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

My MOST favorite to watch is when they are cleaning off their front paws, with the paw curled inward toward their faces. I just love the look of concentration as they go between their toes, and the way their paws look curled up like that!

My LEAST favorite to watch is when they've messed themselves and are cleaning THAT area.
Yep, it is enough to tear me away from the TV for a while. Persi has now started cleaning Alley but Alley has not as yet ever returned the favor.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like to watch them clean between their toes. I like kitty toes.

Ever watch a young kitten try to wash its behind? I love it when they roll over backwards!

tiffanyl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I like to watch them cleaning their face and ears. They lick their paws and then wipe their paws across their ears and face.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am with you on this one! I love watching them cleaning themselves.

I think its really cute when they are all twisted up cleaning their bellys.

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, yes that's wonderful! And a sweet baby cleaning itself and rolling over!!! I love it!

When they're cleaning their hind legs, and the one leg shoots straight up into the air...reminds me of a dancer's long, lean leg...beautiful!

Awwww...
Hilda>^..^<

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catloverin_ks

I think its really cute when they are all twisted up cleaning their bellys.
Cosette does this STRICTLY because she knows we think it is cute and it will lead to her getting attention! It's such a good ploy because it works every time and we get a clean kitty out of the deal!
We call it her otter pose because she's laying on her back, kind of curled upwards like an otter when it eats! Yes, kitties cleaning themselves are VERY cute, but when they clean each other- that is priceless!

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

Ever watch a young kitten try to wash its behind? I love it when they roll over backwards!
Forest still does that. His CH makes him really uncoordinated, so he just gets it all into position and ready to go and he'll topple right over.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

Betsy I totally agree with you...that paw curled in thing is cuter than anything

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't mind them when their cleaning themselves. Especially when Luna is cleaning her nails; she almost looks like she's biting them.

The worst for me to watch is when they clean each others butts...their own I can understand, but I am so glad that humans don't do that to each other

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate watching Reeses clean her back feet because she bites them and tugs at her toes and it's just gross looking

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TigerOnTheProwl

It's so funny to see then clean THAT area. Whenever they hear any sound at all they always just stop right where they are and look around with one leg way up in the air.
Ha ha I love that! I also especially like when they get distracted mid lick and give you that wide eyed stare with the tongue out

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by goosehazel

I love watching the girls clean their little ears and faces too. As far as "backside" cleanings are concerned, Annabelle has no shame. She'll flop down anywhere. Sometimes I worry her nose is gonna get stuck
OMG - what a visual!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TiffanyL

I like to watch them cleaning their face and ears. They lick their paws and then wipe their paws across their ears and face.
I always consider that "Washing their feet and drying them on their face" LOL

pekoe & nigel

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I love when they get really involved in cleaning their tummies and let out a little snort, like they've gotten too far into the belly fat or something. I also can't get enough of them cleaning their front paws with such determination. My favourite is watching my kitties groom each other but it freaks me out when all of a sudden they start licking each other's tongues.
I suppose it's like kitty-kisses to each other, but it's a bit nasty to me.

kiki_585

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My fave to watch is when they are cleaning their faces, it's so cute!! Stanley will lay on my belly and do it. It's kind of gross though when he gets some eye goobies on his paw and licks it up... grosses me out.