what and why is he doing this??

kittyprincess

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Last night while I was going to bed (Prince and King next to me) I heard a sucking noise
I was confused on what King and Prince were doing. So I sat up and put my finger by Kings mouth and he was sucking on Prince. He wasnt sucking on the nipple tho, he was sucking on like Prince's shoulder blade
Does anybody know why King was doing that???

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
aww its just mimicking kitten behaviour - its just making them feel safe, secure and happy, lots of kits do it, some on clothes, which is a bit icky cos it leaves wet patches

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittyprincess

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mooficat

aww its just mimicking kitten behaviour - its just making them feel safe, secure and happy, lots of kits do it, some on clothes, which is a bit icky cos it leaves wet patches
thats funny, so I dont have anything to worry about or anything? I just thought it was a little weird and strange that he was doing that

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A lot of kitties suckle on something.

You don't need to worry - except that King may bother Prince. The best thing to do is take/make a small cloth bag (Hissy recommends something like the size a spool of thread would fit in), soak it in warm water that has just a touch of sugar added to it, and give that to King to suckle when he starts to suckle on Prince.

You can also consider purchasing a snuggle kitty - they're designed for this: http://www.snugglekittie.com/

Laurie

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My big boy Bijou still has to suckle my neck for a few seconds before settling down to sleep. He purrs constantly while doing so as well.