Piercing of the nose?

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, I think I am going thru a middle age something or other,lol. I have really been thinking about getting my nose pierced. I have always thought a little diamond was so cute/stylish.
Does anyone have experince in this??

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My left nostril has two peircings, got them done about 20 years ago, but haven't worn anything in them for about 5 years.
The holes are still open though.
I always wanted cute little gemstones in them, but I can't tolerate nose screws at all, only rings.
I tended to wear very tiny silver hoops, barely big enough to fit around the nostril.

If you decide to do it, research your piercer thoroughly, don't have it done at a mall. Go to a tattoo studio, or salon where they employ professional body peircing artists, not part timers with 2 hours training

Wear nothing but a surgical steel hoop until it is completely healed before you try a screw.

whuckleberry

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I had my nose pierced in college. The piercing itself was painful, but quick, and it healed quickly. I LOVED how it looked. I got a simple silver stud. I think a small diamond would be lovely!

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've had the right side of my nose peirced for 3 years (in may) now and I've loved it! I've always worn a nose screw since it was peirced and I've had absolutely no problems in 3 years.

I went to a peircer/tatoo artist who is semi famous in my area. I LOVE him and he was great! The peircing did hurt though!

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think a small stylish hoop or diamond would be great! I've always wanted to get mine done, but have been to chicken to do it, lol.

ladycat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
yeh I heard some peoples really hurt, mine didn't . I've had it for 5 yrs. a little diamond! I really like it. I think you should go for it!

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine did not hurt either, but it did make me tear up, but anything messing with my nose makes me tear up

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ladycat

yeh I heard some peoples really hurt, mine didn't . I've had it for 5 yrs. a little diamond! I really like it. I think you should go for it!
I am wondering where to get it done at though.......

DH thinks its tacky

ladycat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catloverin_ks

DH thinks its tacky
well don't listen to DH!

just check out the local piercing places...my boyfriend wasn't crazy about me doing it at the time but actually liked it once it was done...so he said

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catloverin_ks

DH thinks its tacky
I agree with DH. Not very tasteful for anyone over 25, IMO. Might even be a problem with employment opportunities, without them actually mentioning it.

Sorry if this offends anyone, but you asked for opinions.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ladycat

well don't listen to DH!

just check out the local piercing places...my boyfriend wasn't crazy about me doing it at the time but actually liked it once it was done...so he said
Hehehe.....well I think he would get over it. Its my nose so he can kiss my booty!!
Thats pretty much what I told him!!

pjrocco

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I find a little diamond to be sexy on a women... but when I see a big hoop or a skull or something, that is a major turn off!

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I don't think the piercing itself is tacky so much as what's worn.
I think you should also purchase an invisible retainer at the same time so that on those occasions where it really isn't appropriate, you can still have something to hold the piercing while not having an obvious piercing there.

The down side:
If you decide later in life to stop wearing jewelry in the piercing as I have, nostril piercings (body piercings) rarely close completely, and they end up looking like big blackheads.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pjrocco

I find a little diamond to be sexy on a women... but when I see a big hoop or a skull or something, that is a major turn off!
Yeah, I think its sexy also. My cousin got hers done in December and I just think its so cute!! (little diamond) But I have said for years I would love to get my nose pierced.....now that I will be 30 in July(blushes), I think its time for one! LOL...

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My sister has one, and she pierced it herself...
She sat in front of the mirror with ice and a needle for hours..she was very determined...Anyway, she still has it and it looks good

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

My sister has one, and she pierced it herself...
She sat in front of the mirror with ice and a needle for hours..she was very determined...Anyway, she still has it and it looks good
OMG! I would of passed out! Man, shes got some nerve...

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did one of my own body piercings while I was yaking away on the phone.
Won't do anything like that again

ryn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I used to have a nose piercing. I really liked it but decided to get rid of it because it didn't look right in situations I have to dress "business". The piercing was a lot less painful than getting my ears pierced, it didn't hurt at all. My piercing closed up nicely, if you look really close you can see it, but only if you know what you're looking for.

Go for it!