Wet pouches

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry to be posting another food thread. I haven't seen this particular question addressed yet.

Sebastian will not eat any pate food. None. He likes the Meow Mix pouches the best but I worry that since the first ingredient on most of them is tuna, that he is getting too much. I've heard too much tuna is not good for cats.

Are there any other wet foods that do not look like they came from can and are not connected with Menu Foods?

I know it is a lot to ask, just thought someone may know

Thank you!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have the same issue, Bonnie, mine will only eat Meow Mix and there really isn't any other variety that has that texture, its almost shredded, definitely not "chunky". My question for you is: How many pouches does Seb eat every day? if its only one and you are feeding him a high quality dry, I really wouldn't worry too much. I went through I can't even tell you how many brands and varieties of food trying to find one that my whole bunch would eat, I tries everything from Wellness to Nutro to Merrick's, none were all that popular
but I would put that Meow Mix down as bam! there were like a pack of hungry lions
so, if it makes them happy, I'd rather them eat the MM as at least there's no by-products, then no wet food at all.

qhgirl1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think fancy feast might have a couple that are shredded or sliced that come in a can.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you both.
Seb gets one pouch of Meow Mix per day. You don't think that's too much tuna? He eats Science Diet dry and has for 10 years. Was thinking of changing it, perhaps trying Chicken Soup - or maybe mixing it with the SD.
I have tried him on some of the Friskies, the "shredded" type, he licks all the gravy off and that's it.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think Friskies has some that are shredded too. Seems to me I opened a can that was shredded back before I changed to Evo.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by qhgirl1

I think fancy feast might have a couple that are shredded or sliced that come in a can.
Originally Posted by mzjazz2u

I think Friskies has some that are shredded too. Seems to me I opened a can that was shredded back before I changed to Evo.
I won't feed either FF or Friskies because they contain By-products, I at least like to know they're eating tuna rather than unidentified pieces-parts
Originally Posted by Bonnie1965

Thank you both.
Seb gets one pouch of Meow Mix per day. You don't think that's too much tuna? He eats Science Diet dry and has for 10 years. Was thinking of changing it, perhaps trying Chicken Soup - or maybe mixing it with the SD.
I have tried him on some of the Friskies, the "shredded" type, he licks all the gravy off and that's it.
I honestly don't feel that's too much, but I would def recommend switching from Science Diet, that food's quality does not justify its high price, SD also had by-products in it. My kitties are on Chicken Soup and I have had great success on it, plus they love it. No by-products for about $10 less a bag than Science Diet- can't beat that!

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The By Nature all natural pouch foods they just came out with recently, has a good bit of gravy, but I wouldn't call the texture shredded...however it's not pate either...more chunk and gravy.

There are 6 flavors 4 are seafood (though one is with chicken) 1 is chicken with chicken liver, 1 chicken liver alone; all with gravy. No byproducts, just the proteins and a bit of starch.

jenniferd

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pat & Alix

The By Nature all natural pouch foods they just came out with recently, has a good bit of gravy, but I wouldn't call the texture shredded...however it's not pate either...more chunk and gravy.

There are 6 flavors 4 are seafood (though one is with chicken) 1 is chicken with chicken liver, 1 chicken liver alone; all with gravy. No byproducts, just the proteins and a bit of starch.
Where can I buy these products?
Sounds good.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by jenniferd

Sounds good.
might be worth a try, they def like chunks more than pate, just barely
but still

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jenniferd

Sounds good.
I am sure some brick and mortar stores that gear towards all natural will carry it, and you can do a google search. I know the company has a website and may have a store locator for brick and mortar stores, has a pix of the packages, ingredients list. http://www.bynaturepetfoods.com/

Plus there are online retailers.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Has anyone asked By nautre what starch they use??? is it wheat corn soy rice sorygum????

i just emailed and will post when an answer is recieved

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

Has anyone asked By nautre what starch they use??? is it wheat corn soy rice sorygum????

i just emailed and will post when an answer is recieved
Hi,
No I had not, since the company and the packages I have say no soy, no corn, no wheat. I picked this line up before the recall, will be interested in what they tell you.

jenniferd

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I bought mine sheba cat food. Looks like shredded to me, I thought they would eat it. Well, I give it to them, one turns his nose up and walks away, and so does the other. I seriously think it's a conspiracy, if one won't eat it, so won't the other.
Well, they are not getting nothing else because I don't know what else to feed them now that nutro has been recalled. They won't eat pate food.
They don't want the tuna anymore.
They refused sheba (98 cents for small cup).
They aren't getting anything else.

techiegirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I used the Nutro pouches for one of my cats (13 out of the 14 pouches I had left, were the exact dates they recalled.
). 75% of my CRF cat's diet is Nutro pouches and she is NOT happy about this - and as a result neither am I. So I can commiserate with you!

I use ProPlan Turkey & Rice, Salmon & Rice and Chicken & Rice for my other 4 cats. The meat is shredded and there is a lot of gravy. It does have byproducts though.

As for a high quality food that is shredded, hands down Fromm!
http://www.frommfamily.com/
100% human grade and the plant that produces them is human grade - USDA certified. No byproducts, no grains, no animal testing, no wheat gluten!
I buy the tuna and the shredded chicken. check out the chicken - http://www.frommfamily.com/products-fs-c-c-chicken.php
And yes, its looks exactly like that and I tasted it and it is good! lol
Ingredients: Chicken, Chicken Broth, Potato Starch, Tomato Paste, Vitamin Mineral Mix*

Anyways, there's my cheerleading pitch. haha

jenniferd

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you. But with those little monsters, I am afraid to buy it because they will just turn their noses up.
And yet they demand their wet food, every morning, they wake me up so they can get their food. I've tried so many things that look nice to me and are shredded or chunks, and they won't eat them. I won't even attempt to feed them pate food because I know they won't touch that. And I think if one cat decides not to eat it the other would also refuse out of solidarity. So, right now they meow and want to eat, yet refuse what I give them.
Hideous little monsters.

deljo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My two eat wet Friskies twice daily. I have tried the Iams,not recently thank goodness, SD which they would not eat. Our Petsmart does not carry wet Chicken Soup. They do like Meow Mix wet, but no pate of any kind. They also free feed on dry Nutro, dry Iams and Meow Mix. When I put the dry in the bowl, I need to divide it so the MM cat
will not dig thru all the Iams & nutro. They are fussy. My daughter bought me a pouch of dry Chicken Soup but had to take it back to the store because it had been open. I want to feed a better wet but it needs to be something they will eat. Almost all cat food has byproducts.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
do you have access to

solid gold ???? both of mine like two or three of the flavors and since they only make four I find it interesting