I think I'm crazy

artharitis

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So, my little Miles has an appointment to be neutered this week, and I'm worried sick about him. I keep thinking something will go wrong, he won't wake up, etc. The last time I had an animal go through surgery of any kind was Merlin 4 years ago when I was 16, and I don't remember how I reasoned myself out of worrying. I know I'm being irrational and being a vet tech student you'd think I wouldn't be this way. Mile's vets are very good.. I trust them, sort of. I guess I only trust myself with him and I don't work there (yet) so I can't be there with him or anything, I don't even know how I would handle that if I was interning there. Ugh.. I guess I'm looking for reassurance, or other crazy cat ladys who worry sick about their pets even when they're just going in for a... removal of love sacks

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know what u mean, I think we all worry about our animals when it comes to vet time, I remember when we went to take stormie I was freaking out mind u when she came to us she was VERY VERY sick with a bad URI that wouldnt go away, so she was my big baby
and i had done it so many times u know, and I just couldnt stop worrying, i guess thats part of being a meowmy is to worry
Also when we took bella we hadnt known she was fixed already (she was abandoned) i was soo freaking out then, like is she gonna be ok I dont want nothing to go wrong ect. Then I did the same thing with Stormie and u always feel more worried when its time to take the food away
But I am another crazy cat lady that worries everytime her cat/dog goes to the vet...worse yet is i worry when my brothers cats go to the vet

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well, cant really help with cat lady part.

but, we all worry, its are job
i dropped eazy off in the morning to have the same thing done could not sleep at all the whole day. I kept looking at the clock scared i would not hear the alarm to go pick him up at 5

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

artharitis

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well I'm glad I'm not alone. Everyone I know loves animals.. but not like I love mine. Once again glad this forum is here to see others who feel the same! I hope my lil miles baby is okay.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
miles will be back home and playing like normal,
i had to keep eazy in room , cause he wanted to run and fight with the other cat in the hosue, a couiple of hours ater he got home

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Your not alone.... Gigi had a ear procedure I was a wreck Gigi of corse looked at me like whats up with you

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

artharitis

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

Your not alone.... Gigi had a ear procedure I was a wreck Gigi of corse looked at me like whats up with you

I guess we can look no further than our cats to tell us to not be worry warts!!

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think neutering is a very simple procedure. Spaying is a more intrusive. When Fred and Nerm came back from it, it was if nothing had happened. No scars or stitches that I could see. Miles will bounce back (literally) right away. Honestly, I don't know all the facts about the procedure, but it can't be worse than having a tooth pulled as my guys were exactly the same when they came home. I don't even recall any pills needed.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hmm so what would the world be like if we did the spaying and neutering with humans, lol sorry just a silly a thought.

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

hmm so what would the world be like if we did the spaying and neutering with humans, lol sorry just a silly a thought.
Isn't that the same as getting your tubes tied?

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Fred&Nermal

Isn't that the same as getting your tubes tied?
could be, but at the time, i was thinking about it in terms on the same scale we do to house hold pets.( but that time has passed, i often have strange thoughts in the middle of the night when working alone in a dark room for 11 hours)

jane_vernon

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its always tough to see your baby go into surgery

But you just have to put your trust in your vet, like you would a human doctor

Hope all goes well

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jane_vernon

Its always tough to see your baby go into surgery

But you just have to put your trust in your vet, like you would a human doctor

Hope all goes well
see I think i trust my vet than my real doctor, i have had so many issues with my doctor its not even funny
but i really like our vet for shots and for fixing (cheap too and so nice) and our other vet we have had for MANY years i mean we been going to the same guy since before i was born although he claimed stormie had allergies which was a VERY VERY bad URI
But I am the only one in my family thats met his wife
due to drama at the office she came down to see what happened, my mom was soo shocked and she didnt believe me

But like i said before as long as u trust ur vet then thers nothing to worry about, well other than our usualy worries whne our babies go in